Ch 19- Flavored Ice Creams

Yukiko's Pov

When we arrived home, mom left a note on the kitchen table. Went out for work, there's frozen food and left overs in the refrigerator. Stay safe! - Mom. I put the note down, "My mom went to work, do you want anything?" I asked. Namjoon walked into the kitchen and stood at the walkway, "Um no thanks," I nodded and sat in the living room. We sat at least one seat away on the sofa, leaving a space between us.

The atmosphere was quiet and a bit stiff. I wanted to speak up, but I can't move my lips or make a sound. "Is... everything alright?" I manage not to mumble. Namjoon looked at me, eyes that said no, but a smile that says yes. I sighed he doesn't look alright, "Are you sure?" I rose an eyebrow, he avoided eye contact staring over my head for a bit before nodding.

"Then... Why ask for someone's company if you're alright?" I questioned, "Maybe it's time for you to go," I walked over to the door, "Wait!" Namjoon grabbed my wrist turning me around a bit rough, traping us in the narrow hallway to the door. Our foreheads bumped into each other as we both groaned. I rubbed my forehead, "Sorry," I chuckled, "Ah, you have a hard head for girl like you," Namjoon rubbed my forehead with his thumb smiling.

"Are you calling me a hard headed person?" I looked up, squinting my eyes staring into his dark but hazel eyes. We stayed like that for a minute, "I didn't mean it that way, well maybe the... 'maybe it's time to go home' part," he mocked, closing the gap between us, "Hey!" He chuckled an airy breath as his hot breath brushed against my face making it even more hotter, and my heart just skipped.

I pushed my body up against the wall as he closes in, his left hand snaking around my hips and up to my waist, his right hand came up and cupped my face sweetly and gently. His body leaned against my body as my heart pounded rapidly each time he grips my waist. This fluttering feeling in the pit of my stomach turned and flipped. A wave of heat rushed up my body, making me sweat.

He tilts his head, "I can't resist if you keep biting your lips like that," he said with a bit of husk in his voice, as it vibrated against my body. I hadn't realize I was biting my lips the whole time. His hand cuping my face, slid to the nape of my neck pulling me in and our lips connected like a perfect locket. I couldn't move, my body felt numb and paralyzed.

He moved his lips pulling in my neck to deepen the kiss, I was in shock of what was happening and did not respond. Namjoon bit my bottom lip kocking some sense that Namjoon was kissing me. I wanted to pull away, stop him because we're just barely friends. But the way he kiss, how he moves his lips and how they felt with mine, his full lips and how warm it felt melted me in his embrace, his kiss, his presence.

Naturally I responded back, gripping tightly on his t-shirt and went on the tip of my toes to reach his lips. I closed my eyes and kissed him deeper connecting our lips, his left arm wrapped around my entrie body like a child holding onto his favorite teddy bear. His other hand cupped my face again, as his kiss became sloppy.

A drop of water landed right under the bags of my left eye, more fell one after another and realized they weren't droplets of water, but they were tears. I pulled away panting to look at Namjoon, quickly he hugged me resting his chin at the crook of my neck. I was shocked as his entire body trembled, he made me lean against the shoe shelf that was two feet tall until I was sitting at the edge of shoe shelf.

He did not break away from the hug, I rest my hands on his back and rubbed little circles. I stayed still and let him hug me until he was done crying. Somehow we walked into the living room, now sitting on the sofa still attached. His head now leaning against my chest as he hugs my body close to his, I don't know what to do.

Just him leaning his head on my chest, my heart beats rapidly afraid that he will hear my pounding heart, because I'm nervous and flustered. I had my arms wrapped around his neck and head, shielding him safely with me. His phone buzzed twice, three times, ten times. "Are you going to answer that?" I asked. Namjoon was still out of his trance, his phone kept buzzing annoying him that he finally took his phone out.

I couldn't see what was on his phone, as I tried to take a look. His arms tighten around me, he gripped his phone turning it off forgetting the buz from his phone. Seeing Namjoon like this made me worried, "Is everything okay?" I quietly asked staring at the ceiling, my fingers naturally combed through his hair. Namjoon was enjoying the way Yukiko was combing through his hair, his body that was tense from emotions he tried to control, now relaxed against her body.

Yukiko felt that Namjoon was relaxed now, they stayed silent again until Yukiko spoke. "Do you want some ice cream?" She abruptly asked, Namjoon narrowed his eyebrows, "Ice cream? Why would I want to eat ice cream?" His low voice boomed inside the entire house. "Ice cream is my healing medicine when I'm moody, thinking, or just because I want to eat ice cream, it always cheer me up." Namjoon gave an airy chuckle.

"What, it's not funny. Every girl can relate," she pouted, Namjoon chuckled again seeing how cute she eats ice cream as her healing medicine. "But I'm not a girl," Namjoon retored. "I know that, I don't like seeing you like this, and I can't do anything because I don't know what's wrong. So the only thing to cheer you up is how I cheer myself up," Namjoon thought it was cute seeing Yukiko give her efforts into cheering him up, made him forget his problem.

"Say why don't we eat some ice cream hm?" She hummed. "But it's cold, how can you-" she groaned silently cutting Namjoon's sentence, "I thought I told you already at the park, I don't care if it's cold outside, you need some healing and some cheering up," Yukiko pulled Namjoon off her. His eyes puffy and nose that is light pink. Namjoon avoided eye contact, hating himself for crying in front a of girl, or the girl he likes.

Yukiko didn't say anything, knowing that boys don't like crying in front of girls, because it's shows how weak a guy is. Yukiko thought it was okay for a guy to cry, it just shows that they're human, and strong. She gave him an assuring smile, telling him that he doesn't need to be ashamed to cry. Namjoon understood as they walked to the convenient store, to buy their favorite ice cream.

"You like strawberry ice cream?" I stared at him in disbelief, as he picked his flavor, "Don't judge, a guy like me can eat strawberry ice cream," Namjoon confidently grabbed his flavored ice cream. I laughed at him, picking mint chocolate chip ice cream. "Ew, mint flavor?" I closed the door and gave him a look. "Don't judge, a girl like me can eat mint chocolate chip ice cream," I mocked, walking past him.

Namjoon chuckled at her mocking him, "Okay sorry, maybe I wanted to get back at you," Namjoon caught up to me. I gave him a smile handing him a plastic spoon, "Apology accepted."

-  -  -  -  -  -  -
TBC!

They kissed!!! Holy sugar pea!
Does ice cream really cheer you up when you're upset? Never done that before, so I don't know 😂

Ugh getting even more sick, got sick after coming back from BTS' concert, and went fishing today and now I feel even more sick. My entire body feels cold and my eyes are burning, add the runny nose... that's wonderful!

Anyways hope you liked today's update, don't forget to vote and comment!