Ch 5- End of Playing

Yukiko's pov

"Yuki, wake up we have to get ready for your voice therapy at 10!" Mom knocked on the door as I covered my ears, "Yuki, Yuki chan!" Only if I could shout, I'd tell her I'm up. Dragging my feet across the cold wooden floor I opened the door, "oh great you're awake now, get ready and eat breakfast," mom smiled with an apron on. I searched for my clothes in my suitcase that haven't been put away.

Changing into my clothes, I went to freshen myself up in the bathroom. I went downstairs to be greeted by mom and Yumi's meow, "just a simple breakfast, toast with scrambled eggs," I sat on the chair putting my hands together and thanked for the food. After breakfast, I sat in the living room staring into space, while mom did some errands at the closest store. "Never stop playing even if it's difficult," the same quote from my dream kept playing in my head.

My thoughts came across me about the abandon piano in the study room. I stare at my hands, my fingers, if I stop playing I will never play again, but if I continue on I could still play. Without knowing, I found myself walking to the study room. I stood at the door way in front of the grand piano, I can hear the piano playing in my head pulling me in to play. I ran my fingers across the keys, sitting down on the bench in posture to play.

Pressing the C cord, the grand piano made a loud noise filling the house. Quickly pulling my hands away, I got up I can't play, no mom will hate me, I thought running up the stairs and into my room. Curling myself up into a ball on the bed, hearing myself breathing in and out. After a while mom dropped the groceries off and told me it was time to go. Sitting in the passenger side of the car, I buckled myself up.

"Miss. Yukiko Tsuneko," A nurse called my name, "come follow me please," she instructed as mom and I followed her. "Just sit in here and Dr. Kang will be here," the nurse smiled and bowed before walking off. I sat staring at a poster, it was about the different types of exercise one should do. A couple knocks interrupted me from staring the poster, "Hi, I'm Dr. Kang you must be Mrs. Tsuneko," she greeted mom first before sitting down. "First we have to talk about Yukiko's health and the process she did back in Tokyo. Also, how far she has been improving before we can appoint the surgery," Dr. Kang went straight on to the point.

For what seems like an hour of talking between the two older women, I only nod or shake my head for response. "Alright, I'll have nurse Kim come in and take you out to do some voice therapy session," Dr. Kang saw us out the door as Nurse Kim came and took me into a room. The session went on as mom went out for some coffee. "How do you say the letter A," Nurse Kim asked, I opened my mouth only to let out an airy 'ah,' "that's fine, we'll try again you can do it," he coaxed me to try again.

"Ahh," again with the airy 'ah' I huffed trying again, "ahh," I kept trying until you can hear a little 'ah.' Nurse Kim was happy to hear me say ah, "wonderful, now what does B sound like?" He asked, "b," I tried but again a silent 'p' came out. And that went on with the whole session, learning how to pronounce the alphabet. The session went on for almost two hours, because of my voice we could hardly hear what I said but just air coming out of my mouth.

"Almost there Yukiko, come back tomorrow to try it again," Nurse Kim waved, "what time should we come tomorrow?" Mom asked, "tomorrow at noon," mom let out an 'oh.' "My daughter is starting her first day of school tomorrow," I totally forgot tomorrow is Monday.

"That's fine, she can stay at school I'm guessing Dr. Kang wants to figure something out. You don't have to come back tomorrow, we'll give you a call and let you know upon what Dr. Kang plans," mom thanked nurse Kim as we left to go home. Mom parked the car in the drive way, "Are you hungry? I'll make a light lunch for you," Mom opened the front door as Yumi waited at the door, rubbing against our legs to welcome us home. Mom walked in the kitchen as I took my shoes off and slipped on the slipper, I crouch down to Yumi patting her head. She meowed and purred rubbing her head on my hand, I picked her up walking upstairs.

Setting Yumi on the floor she observed my room for the first time, I closed the door leaning my back against the door. I watched Yumi claim her spot on my bed, close to the window so she could stare outside and get some sun. I sat at the edge of my bed staring outside the window with Yumi. My eyes caught my guitar sitting on the rack, hearing the strums come from the guitar I looked away. Yumi's head perked like she heard something, she got up and jumped off the bed walking over to my guitar. She turned her head to look at me and meowed.

Are you telling me to play it? Yumi seemed to understand me even if I was talking to her in my head, she nod her head once and looked at me again. Yumi got bored of me just sitting there and walked away jumping on my bed. Staring at the guitar it brought memories of the accident. "Yukiko, Yukiko, Yukiko, did you bring your guitar?" A singing voice sounding like my mother's echoed in my head, "Hai," I answered the voice that sounded like my mother, the voice laughed evilly, "Your playing is bad, I will never let you play in front of me or others. You child prodigy or are you a child prodigy that killed your father," the voice laughed hysterically.

"Your ability to play instruments is a waste, what your father taught you was a waste look what happened to him, he died and it's all because of you. Don't dream of becoming a music artist, because you're not worthy to become one," the voice chuckled, now a figure of my mother was standing in front of me stroking the neck of the guitar. "St-stop, I didn't kill him it was an accident!"

- - - - - - -
TBC!

HOLY CRAP!!! Spring Day was just... Aesthetically beautiful and sad if you read the lyrics of the song. I was at church when BIGHIT decides to post it up lol. And NOT TODAY WAS LIT! Holy crap can't explain how lit it was.

Maybe bultaorunae, kind of lit lol. It was FIRE! 🔥🔥But You Never Wall Alone was just also beautiful, I love all of the songs in the new album.

Don't forget to vote and comment!