Ch 15- Friendly Date

Yukiko's Pov

Guess what? I'm recovering and composing again. I guess you can say life is back to normal, except the fact that my dad isn't here physically but here in our hearts. I got closer to the boys as well, but Suga and I mostly hang out together before or after school. Some of the boys including Namjoon follows us to the music room, to do their thing in there to get extra practice. Say I'm pretty impressed in what they all can do. They can sing, rap, and dance, well some of them. I know a lot about them, but they don't know anything about me besides I play the piano and guitar. My dad passing and that's it.

Namjoon knows I compose but never really looked into my composing because, I didn't let him and told him to keep it a secret. My voice is recovering, that means my surgical appointment is near, a couple more days before I go and the boys know that. They're sweet, really sweet, they're going to hang out with me until I go. I make it sound like I'm dying but I'm not. I was strumming the guitar trying to get the cords in the correct place, "Hey!" The familiar voice that always send shivers up my spine, made me look up. "Hey," I said back looking at the neck of the guitar.

He watched me strum the guitar, I didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable with him staring at me. I mean I played in front of others and they stare at me play, it's no different but just his presence feels different. Like a very comfortable presence, like my father when he watches me play. "I can't wait to sing." I kept strumming the strings as I looked at Namjoon. I smiled as he returned the same smile, showing his dimples. "Can I hear you sing?" I bit my bottom lip thinking, "If my voice recovers, sure." I went back to strumming the guitar, "D-do you want to hangout?" He whispered in a low voice, "Sure, I'd love to hang out with the boys." I kept strumming. 

Namjoon tapped the nape of his neck and let out a nervous laugh, "Th-that's not what I-I meant, heh." He stuttered, I stopped strumming giving him full attention, "what do you mean?" I emphasized you, "Well.... you me, I mean you and me hangout tomorrow..." he swallowed his saliva and continued, "Alone." He ended quickly, a smile crept up my, "Are you asking me on a date?" I squint my eyes, "N-no, it's more like a friendly hangout. But with you and me only." I chuckled, "Sure." I smiled strumming the guitar again. 

"Wonderful, um I'll pick you up tomorrow at your place." I nodded, "Do you need my address?" Namjoon quickly nod his head, "That'd be wonderful actually." We both chuckled and I gave him my address. "Thanks, see you tomorrow." Namjoon waved the slip of paper and left the room with Jin. 

---

The next morning I woke up to get ready, I slipped on an over sized turtle neck sweater and a long black cardigan over it. I wore black ripped jeans at the knees and black ankle boots. I left my hair down and curled the ends of my hair, lightly applying very light makeup to make me look alive, I finished the look for today. I grabbed my purse and my phone heading downstairs. "Going somewhere?" Mom peeked through the kitchen when I walked down the steps, "Just going to hangout with a friend." I commented walking to the study room, where the piano is sitting. 

"A friend huh." Mom had suspicion in her voice, "It's just Namjoon, mom," I sat in front of the piano and played a little while waiting for Namjoon. "Uh huh," I playfully rolled my eyes shaking my head while playing. I was in my own world playing the piano, I sunk in with the music as I played putting all my emotion into the piano. A knock interrupted messing me up, I shot my head up shocked to see Namjoon standing there. "Namjoon, I didn't know you were here already." I stood up as Namjoon walked in, "Your mom told me to come in."

My face heated up, "Oh," I mumbled, "If you're ready, we can go." Namjoon smiled showing the way out as if it was his house. "I'm ready." Namjoon allowed me to go first as we walked to the door. Mom peered over from the kitchen, "Enjoy your morning you two!" Mom bid, I rolled my eyes again, "Thanks mom, we will!" I pushed Namjoon from the back and closed the door.