Ch 29: Graduation

HELLO! A longer chapter to make up the times I have not been on here updating. I do apologize. 

Yukiko's Pov

Today's the day, graduation day. All the exams we took and the placement test was dreadful, but finally graduation is finally here and I'm done with high school.

Currently I am wearing my school uniform as I am entering into the gymnasium to take my seat. I look into the crowds to find mom and Soohee waving at me. I smiled and waved back. I turn to look straight ahead as we waited for the graduation to start. My mind started to wonder off.

I wonder if some of the boys are graduating. Is he... here for graduation? How is he doing? Is he well? I wonder what he is doing right now?

Stop thinking about him Yukiko, it's graduation day and thinking about him is not going to help. The principle came up to welcome and congratulate all the graduates.

After the introduction it was time to name the graduates to get their diploma. Name after name, students went up one by one. It was getting close to my turn, "Yukiko Tsuneko" the principle announced as I felt my heart skip a beat when he said my name.

I stood up with my biggest and proudest smile that I could not contain from. I walk up to the stage to greet the principal, I shook hands with him taking my diploma with my other hand. "Congratulations." He lowly said, "thank you, sir." I replied back and left the stage.

* * *

"C'mon honey let's go, I made reservations already." Mom started the car. I crossed my arms across my chest, "I don't want restaurant food I want home cooked food." I argued, mom just sweetly smile at me. Soohee silently sat in the back.

"Honey I would love to cook for you but I already made reservations and I invited some people over. Our house is kind of small to invite people." Mom back the car out of the school parking lot. The sun was still up but the sun was soon setting.

I huff a sigh, "okay." I agreed staring out the window. "Ahh you agreed, yay!" Mom exclaimed happily causing Soohee and I to chuckle. "Who did you even invite mom?" I turn my focus to mom as she drove. I saw her lips lift up slightly, "it's a surprise." I furrowed my eyebrows, "mom you know I hate surprises."

"Oh, since when?" She she playfully retorted. I scowled at her, "mom." She chuckle, "I'm still not telling you." She shook her head, I sat back and stare ahead of the road. "Soohee do you know who mom invited?" I look through the mirror to get a peek as she shook her head, "no." She replied with a lost innocent look.

I pouted staring out the window as we drove by the tall buildings. Shortly mom parked the car in front of a place with people in elegant expensive clothes. "Mom don't you think this place is a little too fancy?" I asked, never leaving my gaze on the building.

"That's why I brought you clothes to change, c'mon the guests must be waiting." Mom smiled at me placing her hand behind my lower back. Soohee followed with a smile as her long hair blew with the wind.

The building was tall, like some sort of business building. When we entered into the building the hall was lit by the sunlight with the open windows. The hall looked like it was made of fragile glass that could crumble with a single touch.

I gasped at how elegantly fancy the interior was, "Yuki, go change first we'll be on the 18th floor waiting." Mom smiled handing me a bag with my clothes that she picked out. "You're going to leave your daughter by herself? In this building?" I said in distraught.