Ch 16- Moonlight Sonata

Yukiko's Pov

I widen my eyes, "Are you crazy?! What if we get caught?" I panicked, "I've done this many times, Yuki. I never got caught,"  I sighed in relief but punched his back lightly. Namjoon only chuckled, as we tip toed around the perimeter of the sign that says, Music Performance Center. "How are we getting in?" I questioned, grabbing onto Namjoon's shirt from the back as we squatted.

"Through the window," Namjoon whispered, we kept tip toeing around the building silently, "Stay here I'm going to go around for an open window and let you in," He whispered, I widen my eyes and froze at my spot, "What?! You're going to leave me here?" I whispered yelled. He shrugged tilting his head left to right, "I guess you can say that, just stay hidden and don't make a sound," he put a finger up to his lips and turned around, tip toeing ahead.

I huffed a sigh, and hid myself in the bushes and waited. The birds chirped in the distance, bugs flew by with the strong hum from their wings, and cars far from a distance was heard, and the trees hustled. I silently sat in the bushes and enjoyed the sound of nature. I heard a squeak behind making me jump, I put a hand over my chest, "Namjoon, that really scared me," I sighed.

Namjoon chuckled, "Sorry, come in," he lifted the window wider, I stuck my legs in first and used my body to get down from the window. I jumped on the floor as it echoed the empty halls, I froze and dared not to move. Namjoon shut the window coming back to me, "C'mon," Namjoon tilt his head signaling to follow him.

We walked for a while until Namjoon started jogging, he grabbed my hand, "It's faster if we jog there," He smiled while jogging. "I thought we got caught or something," I whispered, our feet scattering across the hall. Namjoon only chuckled as we continue jogging.

Running around the big hall, Namjoon slowed down, panting heavily. I took in deep breaths afterwards, "Where are we?" I asked in the dark hallway. "It's a surprise," he straighten up and open the door behind him. He walked in without turning on the lights, the moon light coming through the window was enough.

I stood by the door in awe, my mouth was open wide and I tried to speak, "Nam- I- how- what?" I stammered as he silently chuckle, making his way to the grand piano. "Ta-da! A surprise!" He waved his arms around, like showing off his new car to his friends. I smiled widely, "Namjoon, you didn't have to go through all this trouble," I said feeling a bit warm in my heart.

"Well, I guess I did," he shrugged his shoulders, "Come play for me, please." He sat on the bench, I look out the hall way looking left and right, "Can we even be here?" I asked. Namjoon shook his head, "Off limits when this place is closed," He smiled proudly. "Off limits, are you nuts! We'll get caught!" I paced over to him, in case I was speaking to loud and someone heard me.

"I already told you, I never got caught sneaking in. Let me tell you, there's no patrol guard patrolling this place, we're fine," Namjoon lift the lid up on the piano. "Stop worrying and play," Namjoon took my wrist in his big hands, and pulled me down to sit. I observed the keys and Namjoon. "Can you play?" I asked, fixing my position. "Uh huh, watch and listen," he rolled up his sleeves, cracking his fingers and wiggled them, he places his fingers on top of the keys with his eyes closed.

I was anticipating for him to start, a minute ago, "Aren't you going to-" "Shh! I need to feel the presence of music," he quickly cut off my sentence, as I had my mouth shut right away. He dramatically lift his hands up and played the beginning part of Fur Elise. Then it went down in 20 seconds before he pounded his fingers on random keys, he still had his eyes closed, dramatically moving like Beethoven would play.

I scrunched my face and covered my ears, "Namjoon stop!" I shouted over the loud pounding of the piano, I tapped his shoulder, Namjoon stopped and looked over at me, "That was bad was it?" He scratched his head, giving a sheepish grin.