Ch 3- Departure

Bold means they're speaking in Japanese.

Yukiko's Pov

The week had finally come, the day we're moving houses in a different country. Mom shipped all our stuff to our new house in Seoul already. "We better get going to the airport, it's gonna be busy," mom hailed a taxi and we got in. The radio played during the ride, I couldn't tell the taxi driver to turn it off so instead I plugged in my ear buds.

No sound at all, just plain silence from the ear buds. People seeing me wear ear buds, will probably think I'm listening to music and that is my intention. This is the only way to ignore people, and to block out any music that reminds me of dad. I shut my eyes taking a quick nap before falling asleep in the plane. "Yukiko, wake up and grab your stuff," mom shook me from my nap. I stretched and exit out of the taxi. Grabbing my suitcase, I followed mom inside the airport.

We checked in, and found our little waiting area to board the plane. I sat on the chair, crossing my legs. "Yuki, I'm going to buy myself a drink, do you want anything?" Mom slung her purse over her shoulder, I shook my head. "Ok I'll be back," mom left me, as I continued to sit staring out the big window. "Kon'nichiwa, can I sit here?" A young boy maybe a year older than me asked. I just nod my head staring out the window as the plane drove up.

"Are you also going to Korea? You know Incheon international airport?" He asked trying his best to speak Japanese, he wore shades and his hair is buzzed on the sides of his head. I nod my head once, I wonder why he is wearing shades inside the airport. I took out my notebook from my bag, but being a little bit clumsy, the straps of my bag got caught on the handle of the chair, knocking everything out of my bag.

I heaved a sigh scolding myself for being dumb, the guy saw that I dropped my stuff and helped me. I also picked up some stuff, such as my wallet, ear buds, and my pencil bag. Reaching out for my black notebook, another hand reached out causing our hands to touch. We looked at each other for a second before he had his hands on my notebook.

The notebook slipped from his fingers, causing it fall on the ground. "Oh mianhae," he quickly apologized in Korean grabbing for the notebook. He paused and stared at the now open notebook. Oh no, I thought, you were supposed to throw that away! I scold myself. "Did you, did you compose this?" He asked in his Korean language, as he looked up at me.

His smile died down, "I forgot you don't speak Korean um," he scratched his head, trying to come up with words in Japanese. I grabbed my notebook from his hands, closing it. I took my other notebook out, 'Yes I composed it.' I showed him what I wrote. His eyes scanned the sentence and looked at me eyes widen, "y-you understood me?" He pointed to himself.

I wrote something down and showed it to him, 'Yes I understood you, I'm half Korean and half Japanese.' He was amazed but let out a sigh of relief, "oh good, then I don't have to speak Japanese then," he sat with ease. I tapped his shoulder as I showed him what I wrote. "Ah sorry I forgot, I'm Namjoon, Kim Namjoon. Uhh the shades? I forgot to take them off," he, Namjoon, took his shades off, "what's your name?"

Namjoon asked folding his shades into his hands, 'Yukiko Tsuneko,' "that's a cute name, you don't mind me calling you Yuki do you?" I gave in some thought, no one calls me Yuki except for my parents. I was going to reply when he threw another question at me, "Why aren't you speaking? Are you a mute?" His question hurt me to be honest, no I am not a mute my voice is just... in use now. I shook my head fruociously quickly writing down in my notebook and showed it to him.

'I lost my voice... in a car accident.' I didn't want to write it but I'm going to have to anyways. "Oh sorry for asking. Hey how long did you-" my mom came at the time interrupting Namjoon's sentence. "Yuki, I bought you some water. Oh who is this?" Namjoon stood up and bowed, "Kon'nichiwa watashi wa Kim Namjoondesu," he greeted in his best Japanese. I gave a silent giggle getting Mom's and Namjoon's attention.

I showed Namjoon what I wrote, 'you can be at ease, my mom is Korean.' He sighed, "Annyeonghaseyo, I didn't know you were Korean," Namjoon sighed happily. "Oh yes, annyeonghaseyo," Mom bowed greeting Namjoon. The whole hour Mom and Namjoon were talking to each other about the changes in Korea. I huffed crossing my arms.

"E5 flight to Incheon International airport, is now boarding," the P.A spoke through the speaker. I got up with mom and Namjoon boarding the plane. We found our seat as I sat at the edge of my seat, unfortunately mom sat at the other end leaving an empty space between us. "You sit here too?" I looked up staring at a tall silhouette, oh boy it's Namjoon again. He made his way to sit next to me, in between my mother and I. I puffed some extra lose strand of hair in my face, this is going to be a long flight.

Half way of the flight, Namjoon bombed me with questions that I didn't want answer. My hand was hurting from all the writing, the flight attendant had to come over and hush Namjoon for talking so loud. I couldn't help but to silently laugh. I told him I was tired so he let me off the hook, except mom. They talked the whole entire flight. We finally landed and now exiting the plane. "Well it was nice talking to you Namjoon!" Mom waved at Namjoon as we went separate ways.

Mom searched for our cousin, Kebeum. "Aunty Heebyul!" I heard my cousin from a far call for my mom's name. I rolled my eyes as we went towards him, I never liked my cousin from the start, he gives me this weird vibe. "Kebeum-ah it's been a while, how are you?" Mom greeted, "very well," he saw me and gave the biggest smile. "My cousin Yukiko!" He engulfed me in a big hug, squeezing me tight in his arms.

He let go and grabbed my bags, "I'll help you carry these, lets go to my car I'll take you to your new home," he led the way out of the airport. "You're going to love the new house, just perfect for two," he wouldn't stop talking on the way which annoyed me. "Aunty Heebyul remember my friend I mentioned about, him finding the perfect house for you two here he is, Choi Bangsil," he shook hands with my mother. "Let's get going and see the new house, my mom can't wait to see you again," Kebeum happily clapped putting our luggage in the car.

From the corner of my eyes, I can see this Choi Bangsil eyeing me. He also gives me the creeps.

- - - - - - -
TBC!

GUESS WHAT!!! My friend got me tickets to go to BTS' CONCERT IN CHICAGO!!!! Going for my late birthday in March AHHH!!!

Don't forget to vote or comment! Hope you have a nice day!