Ch 28- Dreadful Days Turn into Something Beautiful

Yukiko's Pov

Everyday it rained, the sky was clouded with big grey clouds covering the city of Seoul. I laid on my bed starring out my window while patting Yumi, she purrs in sync with my hand gently stroking down her back.

It has been weeks since I last talked to the boys. I did my thing while they kept up with their schedules. Soohee talks about them from time to time and how successful they are becoming. I feel like the walking dead.

Dead on the inside but I'm still living. I have stopped everything, no piano practice, stopped being productive, and homework wasn't a priority to me anymore. A knock was heard at my door, "Soohee's here." Mom smiled turning back to let Soohee in. "Thank you Mrs. Tsuneko." Soohee bowed as my mom left us alone.

Soohee walked over to me and sat on my bed. She lift her hand to pet Yumi's head, "how are you unnie?" She asked. I sighed, "I don't know Soohee, it's been so dreadful and dull. I have nothing to do, like life is just useless." I stared out the window blankly. My hand rest upon Yumi's head as she stretched her body and jumped off my bed.

"Unnie if you keep acting like this of course life would be useless." Soohee spoke as she sighed, "come let take you somewhere." Soohee stood up from my bed taking my hand to pull me out of bed. "Where are you taking me?" I asked, "it's not far, just follow me, unnie." I lazily got off my bed, rolling off the edge and stood up. Soohee chuckled silently as our hands were held together. She dragged me down the hall and down the stairs.

"Hi Mrs. Tsuneko!" Soohee waved with her other hand, "Oh hi Soohee, Yukiko." Mom greeted awkwardly as she eyed us. We turn the corner towards the study room, where the grand piano is displayed. "No, Soohee no." I shook my head. "Yes unnie, you have to, its your life it's what your dad wants is it not?" Soohee argued. I pulled my hand out of her grasp, "it hurts when I play-" I felt my eyes sting, my voice shaking.

Soohee's eyes sadden, "it hurts, the memories," I shook my head, "I can't Soohee." Tears fell down from eyes, "Yes you can unnie, the reason why we have memories is to build ourselves stronger and move on. They aren't the best... they bring happiness, joy, anger, and pain but all these memories already happened, forget the past and move on."

I covered my eyes as I cried, flashbacks of my dad's smiles, his existence I will never forget. His beautiful songs he played for me, his laugh and his love for my mother and I.

Namjoon's dimpled cheeks whenever he laughed or smiled shyly. His tall silhouette, his clumsiness, his hair and everything I could remember about him and my father disappeared. Soohee was hugging me on the floor when the flashbacks were gone. Mom came around the corner and saw us, "sweetie," mom came to hug us two tightly, "Soohee is right, seeing you like this hurts me, Yuki." Mom patted my head softly.

"Remember the loved ones in your life, nothing is your fault Yuki. Whatever happens isn't your fault, don't blame yourself anymore and just play. The more you hold onto this will only burden you, holding you back from playing your music." Mom broke the hug and wiped the tears from my face with her thumb.

"Let everything out through music. You are my strong baby girl, and I need her back." Mom broke in a whisper, I bit my bottom lip and hugged mom. "I'm so sorry mom, I'm so sorry for making you worry about my well-being." I haven't noticed the bags under my mothers eyes until now. "Its okay Yuki." I broke away from mom and hugged Soohee who was crying too, "Thank you Soohee, for bringing me back." I thanked as we both sobbed.

Soohee chuckled and sniffed wiping her eyes, "I'll do anything for you, unnie." We pulled away and stood up together. I stared at the grand piano in the study area. Mom rest her hand on my left shoulder, while Soohee rest her hand on my right shoulder. "Go, you can do it." Soohee nod her head.

"For your father." Mom smiled as I nod softly. I took small steps towards the study room. Every step I took I could hear cords playing softly. The closer I got, the louder the piano gets. Walking faster towards the piano, the faster I could hear the cords play until it came to an abrupt stop when I rest my hand on the grand piano.

I let out a sigh, feeling all my worries and pain out finally resting my shoulders. I pulled the bench out to take a seat. Placing my feet on the lever I turn my head to look back at mom and Soohee.

I smiled at them, seeing their smiles lift up as well. I turn to the keys of the grand piano lifting my hands to rest on the keys. I took a deep breath with my eyes closed and pressed down the keys.

The grand piano made a loud beautiful sound, my smile widening at the soothing note. My fingers started playing on its own with my eyes still closed.

Memories of dad and Namjoon came back again. I kept the memories playing in my head, although I didn't want to remember them I accepted the memories.

Then other memories of people who came into my life such as Soohee, Nurse Kim who was like a brother to me, Yoongi, and the rest of the boys.

My fingers slowed down at the end of the song realizing I was crying while playing. I ended the song slowly opening my eyes seeing my father stand at the end of the grand piano, smiling proudly before he faded away.

Soohee ran behind me giving me a back hug, "Thank you for coming back." I silently laughed.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -
TBC!

Hello loves! Been such a long time since I updated right? I'm so sorry, I've been staying away from social media.

But I found the time to update again, and spring break is finally here but I'm working for my entire spring break.

Anyways hope you liked today's update and don't forget to vote and comment!