Bruce Banner x Reader: Reporters and Questions

You were back stage waiting for Bruce to come back. You and Bruce had been dating for 9 months and now you were at a science convention he had been invited to come and speak at.

Being a good friend and girlfriend you were there to support him. You could hear him talking up front but it was muffled by the walls. You weren't very good at the science of things like he was so you wouldn't understand what he was talking about even if you could make out what he was saying.

Soothing out your gray skirt, your suit jacket making you hotter and hotter. Pulling at the small scarf around your neck you pulled off the jacket. Fanning yourself you realized a group of reporters walking towards the exit of a stage.

If the reporters were gathering than the convention must be close to an end and Bruce would be coming back to you. You smiled and walked towards the stage exit to wait. While leaving your jacket behind along with the coffee you got Bruce and yourself.

A few minutes later you see Bruce coming down the stairs towards you and the reporters. He smiled and waves then wrap a hand around your waist.

"You were great." You whispered into his ear.

"You didn't even understand what I was talking about." He smiled at you.

"Yeah, but I know you. And you're great." He kissed your cheek.

"Doctor Banner! Can we ask you a few questions?!" A blonde reporter shouted.

"Of course. Glad to answer." He unwrapped his arm and took a small step forward fixing his tie.

"Doctor Banner, how has your work on......" You lost interest quickly on the interview. Smiling at him and thinking how lucky you were to have such an amazing, smart, talented, courageous, brave, kind, loving, concerning, devoted, caring, and over protective boyfriend. Lost in your thoughts you were quickly brought back to the present by a reporters question.

"Has 'The Hulk' ever been a problem in your research?"

Shocked by the question Bruce replied quietly. "No, the Other Guy has never made my research any harder than it already is." He scratched his neck nervously.

"Has the Other Guy made an appearance recently in the lab?"

"Um no, I do believe my last comment answers this question as well."

"Is 'The Hulk' a dangerous factor to have around all that equipment?"

"If he were to show up us, but I can ensure you that I'm completely in control of my emotions-"

"Is your girlfriend afraid of the man- sorry- of the men she is dating?"

Your jaw dropped. If you had a Hulk inside you, he would be unleashed. "Excuse me? Did you just ask what I think you asked?" You walked up in front of Bruce who looked very panicked. "Do you have a brain? Do you know what love is? Do you know how to care so much for a person? It sounds like you don't. Bruce and Hulk are different people and I love them both. They're part of each other and I wouldn't want it any other way. If you knew and saw Bruce the way I do these questions would never come up. Just because you're reporters and have to crush everyone happiness doesn't mean you have the right to. Bruce is my happiness. So to answer your awful question, no I'm not afraid. And I never will be." You turn to see a stunned Bruce. "Let's go." You grab his hand a storm out.

Jumping into your car and letting Bruce drive you to let out more anger. "How awful can people be? What kind of person would ask that? Obviously, someone who has never been in love." You huffed in your chair. Realizing the car wasn't moving you looked at Bruce.

He was staring at you. His jaw slightly open. "You love me?"

"Of course I do idiot. I love you so much and those reporters don't know what kind of man you are." You grabbed and intertwined your hand and fingers together.

You searched his face for something. And slowly you saw happiness and joy fill his eyes. "I love you too. So much. And I can't believe you would say that all for me." He leaned in and gripped the back of your neck pulling you into him.

You sat there in the car making out for what felt like forever and it was pure heaven. You both loved each other and knew it.

A knock on the window interrupted what was going and you pulled away to see the same reporter who asked the question that got you riled up.

You open your door and raised an eyebrow at them.

"You uh, left your jacket. And I wanted to say thank you. This is what I've been needing. It's almost a slap in the face and it's refreshing to have someone completely disrespect the press." They handed you your jacket and turned away.

"Well, that was nice." You grinned at Bruce.

"Just wait till Stark hears this." He put the car in drive and headed towards the tower.

"Oh nooo," you moaned.

It's a bit shorter but cute. Request!!

Agent lock