Bucky: You Should Have Called

Pain. Pain is all you felt. You wanted to die and bury yourself. The pain in your head was unbearable. With that thought in mind, your reached over for the box of tissues to blow your already red nose.

You were sick. Running nose, evil cough, temperature constantly fluctuating, and a pounding headache. You don't have the energy to do anything. You couldn't walk, you couldn't hardly hold on to the most simplest of items, and you most definitely wanted to die.

You'd called into work saying you couldn't come in and you didn't know for how long. After that, you got a bottle of water from your fridge and some medicine then flopped on your couch in your apartment.

You would drift in and out of reality. Sometimes you'd be awake but your brain would make the impossible happen, like make the tv talk to you in your best friend, Steve's voice. Then other times your medicine bottle had it's turn and talked to you in your other best friends voice, Bucky.

Your phone kept buzzing but you weren't interested in your boss at SHIELD telling you to suck it up and get back to work. You eventually just chucked your phone at a wall and made a hole in it. Your phone crumbled into a pile of brokenness.

When you finally woke up for sure, it was to run to the bathroom to throw up whatever food you had in you. After cleaning up, you checked around for more tissue boxes. You used the two boxes already, the contents strewn all over the couch were you had been siting.

Groaning in with defeat, you eased yourself back into the couch. You couldn't let your teammates see you like this, working with the Avengers was nice but they were all a bunch of worry warts.

With that being said, when pounding on your door came, you tried to clean up the tissues but you flopped back down in exhaustion.

The pounding continued, causing your already splitting headache to grow, you half shouted and half screeched "Come in!" You throat burned with pain.

You heard a key in the door, and before you knew it, Bucky was kneeling in front of you.

"(Y/n)! You look awful." He pressed his hand to your forehead.

"Thanks, Bucky, that's what every girl likes to hear." You groaned and huffed. Turning away from him and wrapping yourself deeper into your blanket. The sad thing about being sick, when you were cold, you stayed cold.

"(Y/n), you know what I mean. You're burning up, how long have you been like this? We've been trying to contact you but your phone-" he must've noticed the pile it was in. And the hole in the wall from where you had thrown it.

"I may be burning up but I'm freezing to death. And maybe two days? This is the worst one by far." You mumbled from your cocoon of blankets. You let out a string of coughs that sounded like a broken chainsaw trying to start.

Bucky grimaced and said, "Come on, let's get you cleaned up." You heard Bucky stand and walk towards your bathroom. You heard water running and then him rummaging through your clothes.

Normally you would protest immensely, but considering how you felt, you just let it ride.

When Bucky turned off the water he came back and gently lifted you up and carried you to the bathroom.

"Um, I'll leave this part up to you. When you're done, yell and I'll come." He almost shut the door when your voiced stopped him.

"Thank you, Bucky." You smiled weakly at him.

"Your welcome Doll." Then he closed your door.

After you slipped out of the baggy clothes you'd been wearing you slipped into the hot tub. Relaxing into it, your thoughts floated towards Bucky.