Clint Barton: Farmers Daughter pt2

Prompt: "Need to get something off your chest?"

Riding around in the large green tractor, Clint wiped his forehead of sweat. You were always on his mind since that first night and he couldn't shake you. Pulling the tractor to a stop once he saw you come out of the house.

You had a picnic basket in your hands and were waving at him. Making a motion of 'come here'.

Clint smiled and hopped out the tractor and ran towards you. Sweat dripping from his t-shirt and forehead. He was working up quite a farmers tan.

"Hey Clint, Pa said to bring out a lunch for you, and I decided I would join you. If that's okay?"

"Yeah, right here on the porch?" Clint started to walk up the steps closer to you.

"Nope, I figured down by the creek." You pushed him back by the chest and walked off towards the water. It was a small distance away but you took advantage of the time with Clint.

Clint shook his head and followed behind you, once he caught up he took the food basket from your hand and offered you his.

"Now I'm sure you were a part of MI6! Who else would be such a gentleman than a Brit?" You smiled at him but again, he shook his head.

"Wrong again (y/n), how many times do I have to tell you? You will never figure it out."

"I bet I could get you to spill it, you watch. By the end of the day, I'll know what you did before you retired." You stopped as the ground dipped down and came to a river. You gestured for the basket which Clint surrender to you. You pulled out a blanket and sat down, Clint following suit.

You then pulled out all sorts of deliciousness. You laughed at Clint's expression of awe.

"Dig in Cowboy."

• • •

Sitting on the blanket with you was Clint's favorite part of lunch. He works till his back would almost break, then he'd spend time talking to you, as the days got shorter, the talks got longer. You would often bring lunch out to him or tell him he was invited to your house for dinner on Sundays.

But Clint's was simply enjoying sitting with you watching the water race by. You sat close together, but Clint still kept some distance, he was covered in sticky sweat after all.

"NSA?" You said, bringing Clint out of his thoughts.

"Nope."

"Hmph, not CIA, Mi6, NSA, NASA, NCIS, Secret Service, was it in the military at all?"

"Not really, I worked with people who enlisted, but me personally no." Clint smiled as you frowned.

"Come on Clinnnt, give me a hint?"

Clint stood and shook off his pants. "Where's the fun in that?"

"Hey! You can't leave yet, I told you I would know by the end of this lunch and I don't know yet!"

"Sorry babe, I got to get back to work."

You stood up and closed the gap between you two. You wrapped your hands around his neck and pushed him against a tree.

"But, I really want to know Clinty...you know you want to tell me, come onnn, get it off your chest."

Clint was confused, he knew you and he had been flirting and yes he desperately wanted to kiss you but he thought he was the one going to make the first move.

With that in mind, Clint switched you two around very quickly. So quick that you almost fell over tripping over a root, but Clint caught you and pressed you against the tree holding your arms at your sides.

"I'm not sure if I should tell you, you might not come and see me anymore."

"I don't come and talk to you just to find out where you worked. I like talking to you."

"That's good..." Clint trailed his nose along your jaw.

You breathed in his scent, even if he was covered in dirt and grime, he still smelt like the woods, you breathed out in joy. "What do I have to do to make you tell me?"

"I think you're doing enough, this feeling of holding you might be considered payment for that information."

"Then tell me." You gasped loudly as he started to kiss your neck, loving small love bites along the length of it.

"I... don't... want... to." He pressed his body closer to yours. You could feel his toned muscles through his shirt.

"Please." You mumbled as he continued. You head lolled to the side to give him more access.

"Fine," he pulled away from you. You missed the feeling of his body and nearly fell over because of your weak knees. "I was part of the Avengers."

You raised your eyebrows at him as high as they could go. "Really?!"

"Yup, you're looking at the famous Hawkeye." He stretched his arms wide.

You smiled and jumped into a hug with him. Even if that wasn't the point of him opening his arms.

"That's amazing Clint! I can't believe it! I fell in love with an Avenger?"

"Wait, you...you what?" Clint pushed you back slightly and looked at you.

"I think you know what I said." You wrapped your arms around his neck again and pulled him very close to your lips. "And I think I know how you might react too."

Clint smirked and pressed his lips to yours and wrapped his arms around your waist. You slipped a hand into his hair and gave it a tug, he made a growling noise and you grabbed his face, pulling him as close as you could.

After pulling away for air, you smiled at him. "Now you can get back to work cowboy."

"But I don't want toooo." He tried pulling you back again.

"Sorry, I'm still training you to do what I say, you got to get back to work dear." You blow a kiss and grabbed your basket then walked away.

Clint smiled as he watched you leave. The farmer's daughter? Maybe an Avengers wife.