Bucky Barnes: Gangster

Set in the 1940s (mention of physical abuse and might be sensitive to some people. If you are a victim of any form of abuse I beg you to please find help. Speak out, look for someone to listen to you. Abuse is not okay in any form.)

You sat in the master bedroom of your boyfriend's mansion. If you'd call him a boyfriend. He was more of a boss. You were gazing at all the dresses he had bought for you, the most beautiful and delicate for his precious gal.

You thought you were the luckiest girl when Mr. Tommy Roy set eyes on you. You were a simple lounge singer in his establishment. Tommy owned one of the best nightclubs in New York City and to be his most popular singer made him notice you. And then he slowly won your heart.

At first, he was the perfect man. Such a gentleman. He was always trying to make you feel special and he always had time for you. For the first time, you felt like your life was heading somewhere. You were the best singer in NYC and you were Mr. Roy's lady. But then, it slowly started to fall apart.

You and Tommy have been together for years. His business was constantly growing and you were constantly performing and you both grew apart. He started noticing other women more than you and he soon became very distant and angry with you all the time.

You two don't speak to each other. He calls for you and you do what he asks. He spends late nights out and about and you never know where he is, what he's doing, or who's he with.

Then the abuse began. You had once tried to make a special dinner for the two of you to relight the flame you both had once. But he never came home that night. And the next morning you should've kept your mouth closed but you couldn't take it anymore. You blew up. You yelled and screamed at him. And he sat there and listened until you were done, but when you finished, his only reply to you was the pain you felt. He hit you, abused you.

And since then you've cracked. You point to living was very small. The only thing you did live for was your singing. Which brings your thinking back to the current present. You had to perform tonight. So you were picking a dress to wear.

You wanted to be very simple tonight. You feeling like going all out in your appearance. You made your hair into a simple bun and choose a green off the shoulder velvet gown. You choose the first necklace Tommy had ever gotten you.

You stood in the mirror and almost began crying. Your life used to be so good. Where did your happiness go? You looked out the window and saw a shooting star fly across the sky. Your mother had once told you that you have to make a wish when you saw a falling star. That way when the star hit the ground you would have your wish granted. So feeling the little bit of hope that was in your heart you wished upon the star.

"Help me find my happiness again." You whispered to the spot the star had disappeared.

You sighed and turned around and headed towards the car that was waiting outside to take you to the club. Tommy's place was called the Ruby Lounge.

Once your car came to the curbside you stepped out and we're met with flashing lights of the newspaper people. They were constantly waiting to take your picture and you hated it. But put on a fake smile anyways and walked through the long line of people waiting to get in. The security at the door dipped their heads as a hello as you walked by. You were great friends with everyone who worked at the Ruby. Those guys outside were George and Johnny.

Once inside you head start into the back to do last minute touch-ups. As you walked toward your dressing room a tall man in an army uniform accidentally bumped into you. He whipped around with an angry face but it disappeared when you made eye contact.