Bucky Barnes x Reader: Glue

After CW and the group is back together.

Getting up every morning was rough. Especially since you had taken it upon yourself to become the peacemaker in the group.

Tony is still trying to forgive Steve and he's dealing with Bucky. Not talking to him but dealing.

Nat and Clint have made up, Vision and Wanda are quiet around each other, Steve is helping Bucky, Bucky and Sam don't like each other, (deep down they do though. And you know it) and the rest of the avengers are still pretty new.

You didn't chose a side in the war. You stayed out of it completely. So now, when ever an argument was coming you would direct it some else. When Steve and Tony bickered you made fun of them both till it stopped. When Sam and Bucky were fighting you jumped in and stopped it. In awkward dinners you always cracked a dumb joke and made everyone laugh. You held the team together.

After one day, in particular, you walked into the gym to find Bucky pounded away at a punching bag. You had come to realize that you might've been developing feelings towards this assassin. You stood in the door way watching his biceps move, the sweat on his face, the way his brow furrowed in concentration, and his baby blue eyes. He was beautiful. And he was broken.

You had been there in the nightmares and dark moments. You'd seen him at his worst. You and Steve were the only ones who could help him after a night terror.

Living in the Avengers compound helped. You each take a night and go to him. Though some of the nights you would go home to your boyfriend, Chad and spend the night with him.

So developing feelings towards Bucky was bad, you had a boyfriend and you loved him. At least you think you did. Frowning you walked to the shooting range and let off steam.

"If you hold your shoulder down more, you would hit the bullseye more often." A smooth deep voice whispered behind you. Startled you flipped around and swing the butt of the pistol at the voice.

"Woah hotshot! Just me!" Bucky's face came into focus.

"Goodness Bucky! What if I shot you?!" You unloaded the rest of the pistol and set it down.

"Well, I hope you would take me to the infirmary."

"No, I think I'd spit on you." You smiled at him.

A goofy smile came to his face, his eyes light up and sparkled. "You wanna spar?"

"Love to."

You both put tape on and headed towards the mats. Before you were able to walk to the other end of the mat you attacked. Grabbing Bucky's head and gently slammed your elbow into it. You grabbed his flesh arm and twisted it behind him.

"Hey!" He reached back and grabbed your hair, swiftly enough not to hurt you, he bent over and guided your body over his shoulder slamming your back into the mat.

"Ouff." You groaned and grabbed his neck with your legs and twisted.

After what felt like forever you straddled him and put your knees on his arms to hold them in place.

"Are we done?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Not yet." He tossed you off and switched places with you. He grabbed your wrists and placed them above your head.