High School AU Bucky

You were at Natasha's house for a party, the end of the year party for seniors. Your class was gathered together to celebrate the end of a long time in high school.

You were sitting in your circle of friends, they were all talking about their soul mates. Natasha and Bruce were all over each other, it took a long time for them to figure it out because Bruce never puts anything on his body. But when you had drawn on Nat's arm in class and Bruce showed up with the same thing, everyone knew.

Wanda and Steve were together since middle school. And they were in the deep pits of love. Maria and Nick were a rough couple but they were figuring out how to be together. Tony and Pepper were ready to conquer the world together.

You, on the other hand, had no idea who was your soul mate. You had waited and tried to find out but eventually, you gave up. If you were soul mates you would find each other right? And with that thought process in your mind, you ended up falling in love with Bucky.

When you turned your attention away from your soul mate, Bucky seemed to come out of nowhere, and you two slowly had fallen in love. But of course, not that you would admit that to each other.

Nat came from the kitchen with an empty bottle in her hand. "We're going back to being 12-year-olds everyone, we're playing spin the bottle!"

Everyone groaned but gathered in a circle anyway. "Shouldn't we wait for Steve, Sam, and Bucky to show up before we start this party?" Maria asked holding hands with Nick.

"They'll be here. Bucky said he would have a surprise." Bruce stated.

"Then let's play!" Tiny shouted and grabbed the bottle from Natasha. He placed it on the ground and gave it a good spin, it spun and spun and spun again, but eventually, it landed on Wanda.

"Oh come here Maximoff, you know you've wanted some of this." Tiny rose and walked over to her. Crouching down and going in for a kiss.

Wanda was petrified and let him kiss her. But after it was over she shoved him back hard. "My Gawd, Steve will be so angry at you."

"Worth it. Your turn babe." He handed the bottle to Pepper. She rolled her eyes but spun away.

As that bottle slowly made it to you, your left shoulder started to really hurt. Ignoring it for now, you spun the bottle. As the bottle left your hands you gasped in pain and grabbed your left bicep. Everyone looked at you with concern, and you looked at them. 

Lifting your sleeve up you saw the fade of a tattoo appear. It was a red star, simple and fairly large. You gasped as you came to the realization as to what this meant.

"My soul mate got a tattoo...." you looked at everyone in awe. The bottle was forgotten and everyone rushing over to see your new fade.

Everyone was congratulating you and saying it was pretty cool. The game over with you stood to go to the kitchen and bring out my snacks.

Once you entered you heard Steve, Sam, and Bucky enter the house. You wanted to rush to Bucky and tell him the good news but realized that if he didn't have this same tattoo then you two couldn't be together. Instead, you just stayed in the kitchen, trying to prepare more snack.

Bucky's POV

I walked into the house ready to show off my new tattoo. A red star on my left bicep. I was hoping it would impress (y/n) but once I was talking to my guys they revealed the fact that if she didn't have the same, then she wasn't my mate. It was after I had gotten it, so it wasn't like I could backtrack.

When we entered everyone shouted our names and hugged us, Sam and Sharon went in for a kiss just as Steve and Wanda. I walked up to Tony and Clint showing them my tattoo. They shared a look and told me to show you, and that you were in the kitchen.

(Y/n) POV

You were almost ready to bring out treats, and to show everyone your fade of a tattoo. Before you left the counter though, you felt another presence in the room.

You felt a pair of hands grip your waist and slowly turn you around. There in front of you stood Bucky, the man who you were falling in love with.

He placed his hand on your left sleeve and pulled it upward. Eventually, he saw the fade of the tattoo he had gotten himself. A smile touched his lips but full again as someone else entered the kitchen.

"Wow, it stinks of tension in here. I'll be out in a second." Natasha said as she grabbed the plate of snack you had just finished completing. Once she left you brought your own hand up and lifted Bucky's sleeve. There, was a red star tattoo.

You look up into his eyes and smiled the biggest smile you were capable of. Then you launched at Bucky into the tightest hug possible.

Bucky chuckled at the movement but hugged you back. He pushed you away slightly and dip you, staring into your eyes he placed a kiss on your lips.

This kiss was one long awaited. It was slow at first, one of true love and the happiness of finding each other, then as the kiss continued it became heated as if to say, 'finally'.