High School AU Sam

You hid your phone from your parents as a text showed up on the screen.

Are we still on for tonight?

Your best friend Sam, and love interest was coming to your house around midnight to pick you up and take you to a party that was being held at your mutual friends Clint's farmhouse. Your parents love Clint and his family, but once you told them all who were going to be there they shut you down as soon as the name Sam Wilson come out.

You loved your parents, you cared for them deeply, but they have something against military people, and your father hated you hanging around Sam. You birth mother, ended up being murdered by a raid in the middle east helping as a nurse and your father, after remarrying. Vowed that his children would be safe. But you knew the world was full of awful people also, and you loved Sam, he was planning on enlisting as soon as you both graduated.

I'm ready now. Let me know when you're here.

After sending the text you got up from your spot in the living room and left. Walking up the stairs you entered your room and closed the door. Changing from your pajamas you put on a pair of jeans and a pretty blouse, you stood next to your window, waiting for Sam's headlights to appear. You were about to text him one more time to find out where he was, you got scared by a pebble hitting the window.

Looking down and around you saw Sam, with more pebbles in his hands, you held up one of yours and signaled for him to stop. Grabbing your jacket, you opened the window and began your descent. Climbing down a drain pipe wasn't the easiest to do, and because it wasn't easy, you got your foot stuck and fell backward.

Expecting to hit the ground you braced yourself and made sure not to make a sound. But you never felt the cold hard ground. Instead, you felt a strong pair of arms wrapping around you, and a firm chest to cushion your fall. What you weren't expecting, was to still hit the ground.

You had fallen from so high up that the force of gravity knocked you both to the ground. Grunting as you sat up you realized you weren't on the ground yet, instead once again Sam's chest was beneath you.

"Sam! I am so sorry!" You whisper yelled at him and jumped off reaching for his hand.

He gripped it lightly and pulled himself up. All he did was grin and gestured towards his ride. There stood a 1960 Harley Davidson, which led you to believe he walked up to your house with it so there wouldn't be any sound.

"We'll have to walk down to the end of your street before we can start to ride, but I figured it would be better than trying to sneak away with a truck." He kicked up the kickstand and started down the sidewalk.

"I don't mind, but hurry I don't want to miss the party."

Once you had reached the end of the street, Sam hopped on his bike and gestured for you to do the same. Once both of you were on and secure, he started it up and took off. You made sure to hold onto him as tight as you could. Since he was trying to stay fit for the army you felt his very toned chest. And Sam didn't let it go unnoticed that you had your arms around him tight. He even took the long way to the party, so he could be with you longer.

He slowed down on the dirt road but continued until Clint's farmhouse came into view. Tall and very pretty, the windows showed many distinct colored lights were shooting outwards. Music and laughter were coming from the house also.

You jumped off the bike as soon as Sam stopped, and raced in, holding Sam's hand the whole time. As soon as you both busted into the doorway, the party atmosphere hit you.

• • •

It was close to 3am when you realized the time. Excusing yourself from Natasha and Wanda, you marched off to find your ride. Sam was talking to Steve and Bucky, when you ran and jumped onto his back.

"I've gotta get home Sammy, it's really late." You said to him as you rode piggy-back.

Going along with it he nodded farewell to the boys and carried you outside. Finding his bike out of the many there, you both hopped on and drove off. As you were leaving Clint's family's property, it began to rain. A light sprinkle, nothing too much to worry about, but when you were a few miles away from your house, Sam hit a patch of slick ground.

The bike went out of control, the back tire twisted and turned, the front came up once or twice. Sam, giving up on saving the back tossed him and you off the seat as the bike flipped and smashed into a tree.

You both rolled around, collecting scraps and cuts everywhere. After you both had stopped and could breathe, you sat up slowly and looked at each other. The rain had gotten worse and you couldn't find the bike.

"Well, guess we start walking." You smiled widely at him and began walking towards your house. Sam quickly caught up to you and took hold of your hand. Blushing, you didn't say anything but continued walking.

You finally made it to your front steps, you couldn't get up the way you came due to the rain, so you had to risk going through the front. As you came close to the door you felt a hand grab you and pull you back. Surprised you went swiftly and were even more in shock as you found Sam's lips on yours.

You had been waiting for this kiss. You and Sam had been friends since pre-school. You had gone through the cooties, the tea parties, the braces, the dances, the crushes, the popularity, but throughout all of it, you had always been best friends. Until recently, when you realized that you loved him. Then you didn't know how to tell him.

Your parents loved Sam, but when they heard he was going to join the military they shut off all connections with him and tried to make you do the same.

The kiss was magical, and you never wanted it to end. But it had to. As you let his arms and whispered a goodnight, you snuck into the house. 

//I am trying really hard to finish these AU's and then I will hop on the requests that have been made. Hang on guys! I'll get there soon because of winter break. MERRY CHRISTMAS//