High School AU Scott

September 18th//prompt "got trolled by..."

You were walking towards locker excited as you came close to. You see, for the past two weeks, you had been receiving secret admirer letters. And it had made every day of coming to this awful place worth it.

You had shown them to all your friends at lunch, Nat and Wanda loved it. Scott, Steve, Sam, Clint, Tony, Bucky, Pietro, and Rhodes all thought it was weird. All you cared about was making Scott jealous. But it didn't seem to be working very well. You would show off the letters with happiness and Scott would read them, comment simply, and go back to lunch. 

In a small school like the one you all were attending, news traveled fast, and the fact that someone hasn't anyone go near the locker made it all the more romantic. You opened your locker quickly to shove your books in and look for the letter. There it was, in a simple white envelope sat the letters that made your heart flutter. 

You grabbed the letter and rushed to open it with Natasha and Wanda. FInding them in the usual seats you sat beside them. "I got the letter!" You squealed with delight. 

"Open it, open it, open it!" Wanda chanted softly with equal excitement.

You pulled the letter up to see, your name had been written very elegantly, you tore it open carefully, as if not to damage the brittle nature of everyday envelope paper. You pulled out the card, unfolding it to see what it had written on it. 

My dear, (Y/N),

How does your beauty shine so bright, even when I am away, I still see it's glow,

The gentle way you hold yourself, with how you care the best.

I must have knowledge of how you feel, it's something that I must know,

Meet after school today, over towards the West.

~Your Secret Admirer

You looked quickly up and gazed upon Natasha and Wanda. He wants to meet you. The boy that has been making you blush for over two months finally has the courage to see you face to face.

"Should I meet him?" You asked out loud towards your best friends, but before anyone could reply, the note was snatched from your hands. Your head snapped in the direction the note was taken and glared at Tony as he waved it in your face.

"What does lover-boy have to say today?" He read the note and raised an eyebrow, looking quickly at you. And then Scott and Steve who walked up to join the forming group. "Looky here boys, our brave little soldier finally has the balls to meet our lovely princess. What do you say we follow behind and watch?"

"Absolutely not. You are going nowhere near the West side of school Tony, none of you are. This is (y/n)'s chance to meet him. And you of all people will not interfere." Natasha said. Standing to look more intimidating. And it worked. Tony mumbled something along the lines of 'Okay, okay' and 'please don't hurt me.' "And to answer your question (y/n), yes you are totally going to meet him. Why would you ever think not to go?"Natasha finished and sat back down.

"What if he gets cold feet? What if he forgets and I'm standing there like an idiot waiting for someone to never show up?"

"Then he missed out on a wonderful girl, and he doesn't deserve you," Scott spoke up from his spot around the table. The whole table looked at him and back to you, but you were praying no one could see the blush creeping up onto your face.