Wide Awake

Regina's POV
I look over and I see Megan's eyes start to flutter, she's waking up! I grab her hand.
Me: "Baby I'm right here."
Megan's eyes opened a little, I could tell she was panicking.
Megan: "Mom"
I squeeze her hand letting her know she's okay. Then I called in the doctor.
Doctor: "Megan! Your awake that's wonderful."
He walked over and checked her monitors. He turned the flashlight on and shined it in her eyes.
Doctor: "Can you sit up please, but be careful and slow."
She started to move and she moaned in pain. I just wanted to grab her and hold her in my arms. She sat up and had tears roll down her face.
Doctor: "I will give to some pain medication."
The doctor left and I sat beside Megan. She was still crying. I slid in under the blanket and gently pulled her close to me. She rested her head on my shoulder, and that's when I realized she wasn't crying from pain.
Megan: "Mom.. I'm sorry. It's all my fault."
Me: "You're fault? None of this is your fault honey. It's not your fault that you have a crazy grandmother."
Megan: "She gave me the bears, I gave it to Henry. It is my fault, just go I don't want to hurt anyone else."
She pulled away from me and turned her body the other way. She's putting up walls from me.
Me: "You won't hurt anyone."
She ignored me and just laid there. I am going to make my mother pay. Suddenly I heard a knock at the door, Henry walked in.
Henry: "Is she awake."
Me: "Yes honey but"
He suddenly ran towards Megan's bed excitedly.
Henry: "Megan! You're awake!"
She didn't move. Henry is probably the second last person she wants to see right now because she thinks it's her fault.
Me: "Henry she needs to rest, come back later?"
He looked disappointed
Henry: "Megan are you mad at me?"
Me: "Henry let's go."
Megan just laid there, emotionless. Henry put his head down and walked out with me.
Me: "I will be back soon!"
Henry and I walked out and put my hand on his shoulder. He started to cry.
Henry: "She's mad at me for not saving her!"
Me: "Honey no she's not, not at all!"
Henry: "Then why isn't she talking to me."
Me: "It's complicated."
I looked up and saw Emma and then Henry ran over to her.
Henry: "Megan hates me, let's go."
Emma looked so confused
Emma: "Go in the car I will be there in a few minutes."
Henry left and Emma came over to me
Emma: "What was that all about?"
Me: "He thinks Megan hates him for not helping her, but she actually feels like all this was her fault and she is shutting us all out."
Emma: "I see, she's like me in a way. When I mess up I think it's my fault. Let me go talk to her."
Emma walked in as I sat in the chair. I hope she can make Megan come to her senses that this is not her fault. Speaking of who's fault it is, what should I do to my mother?