Coming Clean

*Reilly's POV*

The door opened and Sawyer came out.

"Weilly?" he asked, sitting by me.

"Hey, bud," I said, putting on a smile as I wrapped an arm around him.

"Why are you outside?" he asked me. I grinned.

"I was having an adult talk with your mommy," I replied.

"An adult talk?"

"Yeah," I replied with a sigh. Sawyer leaned his head on my side. I looked down at him. My son.

-----------

*Katie's POV*

I didn't know where to go, but I knew I had to get out of that apartment building. I was absolutely pissed.

Why couldn't he just listen to me? When I told him I hated him, I didn't really mean it. But when he said he hated me, I could see it in his eyes that he meant it. I could tell he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. And I was going to give him what he wanted.

I was going to crash at Adam's for one more night and then head home on the next flight out to Toronto.

--------------

*Reilly's POV*

I eventually had to go back inside and get ready for pregame skate.

"Where's Katie?" Bart asked when I came in with Sawyer.

"She, uh, she left," I said quietly. Both Dougie and Bart gave me weird looks.

"I heard shouting, is everything alright?" Dougie asked.

"Everything's fine, okay!" I snapped. "Can one of you please call a babysitter?"

I left Sawyer downstairs while I went to get dressed. I didn't mean to snap at them, it was just that I really didn't feel like answering their questions about Katie.

I was worried about her. She acted off her impulses, she was always that way. I thought maybe having a kid would make her stop and think about things, but it didn't. She would never do anything to put her son in danger, but she would do something to put herself in danger.

I ran my hand through my hair, still messy from my sleepless night.

I was a dad. I didn't know how to feel or what to think. I had always loved Sawyer and I had always been a fatherly figure to him, but I didn't know I was actually his father.

I held my head in my hands. What was I going to do?

I grabbed my cell phone from the bedside table and saw I had some texts from Rachel. Great, just what I needed.

'Hey babe, wanna get some lunch together after practice?'

'I miss you baby. Can we please meet up today?'

I sighed and decided to take Katie's advice and tell Rachel the truth. I found her contact and called her.

"Hey babe!" she answered cheerfully.

"Hey," I replied.

"So are you taking my offer for lunch today?" she asked me.

"Look, Rachel," I said, "you're not my girlfriend, and I'm not your boyfriend. We only exchanged numbers and now you're coming to my games telling people we're a thing. We're not a thing. And don't call me babe or baby."

"What the hell?" she cried. I cringed and held the phone away from my ear. "You told me you liked me."

"Just because I used to like you doesn't mean I want you to be my girlfriend."

"It's that Katie girl isn't it?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked with a sigh.

"I met Katie at the game the other night! You're dumping me for her," she accused.

"No I'm not," I replied.

"Whatever," she said. "She loves you Reilly. I could tell by the way she watched you skate, and the way she told stories about you. And I'm pretty sure you feel the same way."

"I don't love her," I said. "Look, this isn't about me."

"Yes it is."

"Just stop, Rachel. We were never dating and we never will be okay? Bye," I told her before I hung up. I sat on the edge of my bed and looked out the window in front of me.

And as I saw the city of Boston thriving below, I realized something.

I did love Katie.