I Love You

Sawyer and I would have gone to the outdoor game, but it was below freezing and Sawyer had a cold. As I sat on the couch, cuddling with Sawyer, I let my mind wander.

What would've happened between Reilly and I if a child wasn't involved? Would we still be friends? Would we even be friends? I didn't know. As bad as it sounds, sometimes I wished I didn't have a kid so young. Reilly was only thrust into parenthood recently, and so many things had changed.

-------------

The game got over and the Bruins won, 3-2 in overtime. Hannah and Lexie were over, so Reilly and I were going to go out. Hannah curled my hair for me because I felt too lazy. I pulled on some jeans, a grey sweater thingy, a coat, and tan leather boots before I met Reilly by the door.

I had no idea where we were going, but I went along with it.

As we walked to the T, I looked up at him, and something hit me like a ton bricks. I all of a sudden felt like the luckiest girl in the world. I just felt butterflies explode inside me. I felt giddy and happy like a little girl. And even though I knew he was far from perfect, he was perfect to me. And I had missed him while I was gone. I missed him so much it had began to be physically painful. And I realized something.

I loved him.

------------------

*Reilly's POV*

After we got a few drinks, we decided to take a walk despite the cold. We walked to the commons. There were only a few people milling around. As I looked around I felt a snowball hit me. I turned around to see Katie giggling. I bent down and picked up some snow before throwing it back at her.

Then a full fledged war broke out between us. Her laughs echoed through the park and the snow continued to fall. When she took a break to gather more snowballs I took my chance. I ran forward, grabbed her waist and took her down.

"Oof," she said as I landed on top of her. We were both breathing heavily and you could see it as it vaporized. "That was fun." m

"You have a good arm for a small girl," I teased. She pouted and I pressed my lips to hers. She moved one of her gloved hands to the back of my neck, pulling me closer. She pulled back for a moment and said something ever so quietly,

"I love you, Reilly."

I immediately kissed her again, and she moved her other hand to my shoulder. After some rolling around, both of our jackets and sweaters were off.

"Reils, we're gonna get arrested," she laughed, out of breath. I kissed her again.

"I don't give a fuck."