Game

Two months later, I was six months pregnant and you could definitely tell. Sawyer was growing more and more excited as I grew bigger and bigger.

The guys had a home game tonight, and I haven't been to one in a while. Reilly was already there, so I helped Sawyer put on some sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt, and his custom shirt that had 18 and "Daddy" where "Smith" would normally be. He insisted putting on his sneakers so I let him. I knew my Smith stuff wouldn't fit, so I dug around in my closet until I found some old black leggings. I decided to borrow one of Reilly's red plaid flannels. I rolled the sleeves up and made it look good before having Hannah help me but on my Uggs. I did my hair in a sock bun near the top of my head and went light on my makeup.

My whole body felt out of whack with this pregnancy. I had forgotten what it was like. My ankles were constantly sore and swollen, and even the sight of chicken made me want to hurl. Don't even get me started on the smell of it.

I grabbed my keys and my purse and checked Sawyer's shoes before saying bye to Hannah and leaving.

I showed my parking pass to the guard and parked before taking the service elevator to the main concourse. Sawyer was shuffling his feet so I reached down and picked him up, trying to balance.

"You excited?" I asked him as he rested his head on my shoulder. He nodded.

"I love hockey!"

"I know," I replied, pressing a kiss to his forehead as I made my way to the sections where the girlfriends sat. Much to my surprise, Rachel was still there. Krug's wife Melanie, Paille's wife Dana, Lucic's wife Brittany, and Greg's wife, Ashley were also there.

"Hey!!" Ashley said excitedly as I sat down. "You look amazing!"

"Thanks!" I said. I set Sawyer down and he went straight to his seat between me and Melanie Krug.

"Why's Rachel still here?" I asked Ashley quietly.

"She still thinks she has a chance," Ashley whispered back. I nodded and I felt a hand on my arm. I turned and saw Melanie.

"I know you know me, but I don't think we've really met," she laughed. I'm Melanie, Torey's wife."

"I'm Katie, Reilly's fiancée," I replied, shaking hands with her.

"You're engaged?" I heard Rachel ask. I nodded.

"Engaged and very much pregnant," I told her. I knew Reilly was done with her, and he would never cheat, but this girl needed to take the damn hint.

"Pregnant?" she asked, trying and failing miserably to hide her shock. I nodded.

"Yep, six months," I told her, placing a hand on my belly. She faked a smile and gave me congratulations. I turned back to Sawyer, who was chatting Melanie's ear off.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Brittany Lucic asked me. She was holding her and Milan's daughter, Valentina, in her arms.

"We're going to the doctor tomorrow," I explained. "Can I hold her?"

"Of course!"

She reached her baby out and I took her. I gently brushed my fingertips through her dark brown hair.

"She's precious," I said as I handed her back. The lights went down and the game was about to begin when Sawyer was instantly silent, taking in every second of the scene in front of him.