Running Away

I was sitting in the hotel room with Reilly when there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," Reilly said as he pushed himself off the couch.

"Hey, bro!" I heard a guy say. I got up off the couch and turned to see Brendan hugging Reilly, with Megan right behind him.

"Hey, man," Reilly said as he patted his brother's back before letting him go. He also gave Megan a quick hug.

"Okay, so," Brendan said, clapping his hands together. "Who's the lady, Reilly?"

Reilly looked at me and grinned at me.

"Come here, he's not gonna bite," he laughed. I had a tendency to be slightly shy.

I walked over to Reilly and he put his arm around me.

"Remember Katie?" Reilly asked.

"Oh yeah, that girl you're friends with," Brendan said. Megan just watched.

"Well, she's my girlfriend," Reilly told him. Megan grinned and winked at me. I looked up at Reilly. We had been kissing and being couple-y, but I wasn't really sure what we were. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Well, nice to meet you finally," Brendan laughed and shook my hand.

"So where too, brother?" Reilly asked.

"There's this Italian place a few blocks down," he said. I grabbed my purse and we walked out behind Megan and Brendan.

"You're awesome," I whispered to Reilly. Megan and Brendan were too far up to hear me. I heard Reilly laugh as he put his arm around me and pulled me close to him.

--------------------

Dinner was great, and I heard plenty of embarrassing stories about Reilly and his brother.

We had just gotten back into the hotel room, and we where no where near tired.

"Let's go swimming," Reilly suggested suddenly. I agreed and changed into my swimsuit in the bathroom. By the time I was done, Reilly was already changed too.

Damn, he had some great abs.

"Honey, it's rude to stare," he teased. I laughed.

"Sorry, babe, couldn't help myself," I replied. Reilly laughed and grabbed some towels before we headed down to the pool.

It was empty in the pool, thankfully. We probably should've expected that considering it was about midnight.

Before I knew what was going on, I was thrown over Reilly's shoulder.

"Cannonball!!" he shouted as he jumped, taking me with him.

-------------

*Reilly's POV*

When Katie surfaced, I couldn't help but laugh.

"You fucker!" she laughed as she gave me a shove. "Not funny." She made a fake pout face.

"I'm not buying it," I said with a shrug. Then she added the puppy dog eyes. Those got me every single time.

"Fine, fine, I'm sorry," I apologized. She put a smug look on her face and swam towards me. We were in the deep end and she couldn't touch the bottom, but I could. I reached out for her. "Come here."

She got too me and wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. I put my arms around her torso.

She grinned at me at bit her lip. I leaned my head down and kissed her. She moved one hand up to the back of my neck. I pulled away and looked her in the eyes. Now was the time.

"Katie, I love you," I said before I could stop. Her eyes widened and she froze. She grabbed onto the side of the pool before taking her legs and arms off me.

Without a word, she scrambled out of the pool, wrapped a towel around herself, and ran away from me.

I smacked myself. What the fuck just happened?

"You're such a fucking idiot, Reilly," I said to myself.