Family Day

A few weeks later, the Bruins had a stadium series game at Fenway, and it was family day. It wasn't too cold thankfully, but there was some snow falling.

The guys skated around for a bit before everyone else got out there. Sawyer stumbled and I stood behind him and held his hands. I was pretty good at skating. Reilly lazily skated to us. He leaned down and picked up Sawyer.

"Hi, daddy!" he giggled excitedly. Reilly kissed his cheek.

"Hey, buddy," he replied.

"Mommy, it's Chara!!" he exclaimed pointing to Chara and his wife and daughter.

"Wanna meet him?"

"Yeah!"

Reilly set him down and held both his hands as they skated over to him. Reilly was so good with Sawyer. Seeing him with kids in general made my heart just melt. I watched as Sawyer was amazed by Chara's height. He even got a picture with him. Reilly had just skated back to me, Sawyer in his arms, when a reporter came over.

"Can I steal him for a minute Mrs. Smith?" she asked.

"I'm not Mrs. Smith, but go right ahead," I said with a laugh. She apologized and walked away with Reilly, who was still holding Sawyer. I skated over to Ashley, who was waiting for Greg because his skates were being sharpened.

"Where's the munchkin?" she asked. I nodded my head towards the camera crew.

"He's over there with Reils," I answered.

"So now the whole world will know Reilly Smith is taken and has a son," she teased.

"I guess so," I laughed. At that moment, I saw Reilly gesturing for me to go to him. I quickly skated over.

"We wanted to ask you what kind of dad Reilly here is," the reporter told me. I gave a small laugh and looked up at Reilly before I looked back at the woman.

"Well, he's an amazing dad. He does such a great job with him and it works really well with the three of us," I told her. She nodded.

"Well, thank you guys!" she said. Reilly nodded and smiled in welcome and we skated away.

"You really think I'm a good dad?" he asked me, his eyebrows furrowed. Sawyer was beginning to get the hang of it and was skating around, meeting the various Bruins players.

"Of course I think you're a good dad. You're an amazing dad, especially with such short notice," I said. He smiled and kissed me.

"That means a lot," he said. I smiled. Things were going to be okay between us.