Confusion and Reunion

After Reilly told me he loved me, my brain froze up. I wasn't ready to hear those three words. Those words changed everything. I wasn't ready for that. Hell, I wasn't even ready to just be dating him.

So, I panicked. I ran to the hotel room, and quickly grabbed all my stuff. I noticed my gold charm bracelet on the night stand. I looked at it. It was my favorite bracelet. I winced before setting it down. It was too painful.

I was currently on a plane to Columbus. It the quickest, cheapest flight away from Detroit.

From there, I had no idea what I was going to do next. I didn't know if I should go to Boston and get Sawyer, or just take a break and hide out in Columbus for a while.

I needed a break from everything. From being a mom, from Reilly, from all my struggles. I sighed. It probably sounds like the coward way out. But I just needed some space, some time to clear up my head.

I nodded to myself. I did need a break.

-------------------

*Two Months Later*

Well. I hadn't talked to Reilly. I missed him a lot. Sawyer was in Boston with Lexie, who had moved into a cheap two bedroom apartment. Dougie helped her rent it out. I'm pretty sure they had a thing going on. One of my other friends moved to Boston with Lexie so they could split the rent. Her name's Hannah and I know for a fact that her and Bartkowski are dating.

I missed Sawyer a ton too. I missed being a family with Reilly and Sawyer. As far as I knew, Reilly hated me. He hadn't even tried to contact me. He probably didn't even worry about me. I wondered if he even meant it when he told me he loved me.

Love was such a big word to me. It gets thrown around so simply. I only thought it should be said when you were truly head over heels in love. And I wasn't sure if Reilly was head over heels with me.

----------------------

*Two Months Later*

*Reilly's POV*

It had been about four months since I'd seen or spoken to Katie. Lexie and Hannah were always over at the apartment because of Dougie and Bart, so I always got to spend time with Sawyer.

I missed her. I wasn't clear why she ran away or why she hadn't contacted me. I sank down on the edge of my bed. My eyes came to rest on the gold charm bracelet on the bed side table. I picked it up and ran it through my fingers.

She had left it in the hotel room when she ran away. I also wasn't clear why she left it behind. It was her favorite bracelet.

I gave it to her the night that we, well you know. She told me she wore it all most every day.

My phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?" I answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Come open the door, asshole," I heard a female voice say. I slowly got out of bed and went to the door. I opened it.

My eyes got wide and my phone slipped out of my hands.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked as a smile fought its way onto to my face.

"Just shut the fuck up and kiss me, asshole," Katie said with a smirk. I grabbed her hips and pulled her lips to mine.