In Detroit

I sat in the stands in Detriot, cheering on the Bruins. Lexie was babysitting for us back in Boston. I was so happy to be in Detroit. I wore my Smith jersey with pride and I got to yell as loud as I wanted.

Reilly skated up the ice and took a nasty hit from Zetterberg. He stayed down for a moment and I got scared before I saw him get up and continue on.

"Is that your boy?" the woman next to me asked. She was really pretty.

"Reilly?" I asked. She nodded. I laughed. "I guess you could say that."

She turned around and showed me the name on the back of her jersey. It also said Smith.

"So is that you boy?" I asked as Brendan Smith, Reilly's brother, skated by. She grinned.

"Yes, and he's great," she said. "By the way, my name's Megan."

"I'm Katie," I said. She stuck her hand out and I shook it.

---------------------

Throughout the game, Megan and I just talked about the boys. I told her embarrassing stories about Reilly, and I even told her about Sawyer.

"That's too sweet," she said. "Do the rest of the Smiths know?"

I shook my head. "I think we'll tell them during offseason."

"Good idea," she replied. The final buzzer went off, and the Bruins won 4-3.

Megan and I exchanged numbers as we headed down to the locker rooms.

"Hey, we're here for a few days," I told her, "we should all go out."

The Christmas Break was coming up, and Reilly and I would be in Detroit until Christmas Eve before flying to Boston to have Christmas with Sawyer.

"Sounds great! Text me?" she asked. I nodded as we headed our separate ways.

Thankfully, Reilly was out first.

"Hey, babe," he said with a smirk. I walked towards him and put my hand on his stomach.

"You're such a flirt," I teased. He leaned down and gave me a peck on the lips.

After that first kiss in the commons, the dam burst, and almost every time I even looked at the man I got a kiss. I didn't mind it much.

"You did great, as always," I said looking up at him.

"Thanks," he said shyly. He loved getting complimented but he always got shy when I complimented his hockey skills. He was just being modest.

"Hey guess what," I said suddenly.

"You fell in love with a Red Wings fan and now you're eloping," he teased. I lightly smacked his arm.

"No, I met your brother's girlfriend," I said.

"Megan?"

I nodded. "She's so nice so I said that maybe we could go out, all four of us."

"Sounds good to me," Reilly replied with a smile.

"So you're free for Christmas break. What now, hotshot?" I asked. He laughed.

"First things first, sleep. I'm drained, Katie," he said, looking down at me. He had prominent bags under his eyes and his eyes looked tired. I reached up and ran my hand through his hair.

"Sure thing, babe," I answered as I took his hand.

--------------------

I know this chapter is really short, but I've been really busy lately!!

There should be some good long chapters out this weekend. Thank you all so much for reading & voting & commenting! :)