Gracie Belle Smith

The next morning, I pulled on leggings, Uggs, and one of Reilly's old high school sweatshirts.

"Ready, babe?" Reilly asked, sticking his head in our room.

"I need help with my shoes," I laughed. Reilly grinned and walked towards the bed, picking up my boots as he went. I sat on the edge of bed and he helped push my shoes onto my swollen feet.

"I love you," he told me, kissing the top of my belly as he stood up.

"I love you, too," I told him as he took my hand and helped pull me up off the bed.

-----------

"Katie Smith?" the nurse called out. Reilly squeezed my hand as we both stood up and followed the nurse down the hallway.

"You ready?" I whispered to Reilly as the nurse ushered us into a dark room.

Reilly kissed the side of my head. "Of course I'm ready."

We waited a while in silence before another woman came in.

"Are you ready to find out what your little bundle of joy is going to be?" she asked excitedly. I laughed and nodded. She pulled my sweater up and stuffed some paper towels up my shirt and pants to make sure she didn't get any gel on my clothes.

She spread the blue gel over my stomach and pressed the camera on it, moving it around. She was silent for a while, moving the camera around.

"See, there's the head," she told us, pointing to the baby's head. I smiled and Reilly squeezed my hand. "Are you both sure you want to know the gender?"

"Yes," Reilly and I said at the same time.

"Well, Miss Katie, looks like you'll be having a baby girl" she said. I looked over at Reilly and he was gleaming. I squeezed his hand. "Congratulations!"

-------------

When we got home, Sawyer was bouncing up and down in Hannah's arms.

"What is it? What is it?" he yelled. Reilly took Sawyer from Hannah. Hannah left the room and both Reilly and I crouched down so we could look at Sawyer at eye level.

"Buddy, this is very important. Top secret," he said to Sawyer.

"My lips are sealed," Sawyer said. "I pinky promise."

"Okay, good. So are ready to know?" Sawyer nodded aggressively. Reilly looked at me.

"You're having a baby sister," I said quietly.

"Yay!!!" Sawyer squealed, jumping up and down.

"Shhh. You have to be quiet, remember?" I asked. He nodded.

--------------

Two months later, we had just finished moving into our new apartment. It had taken a long time to find the the perfect one, but we finally got one. It was practically a steal, and it was beautiful.

We had also enrolled Sawyer into Pre-K and he absolutely loved it. He loved learning shapes and colors and he would constantly sing his ABC's around the house.

"Finally," Reilly told me as we plopped down on our couch. He took a drink of water.

"Soon we'll have another running around here," I sighed. It was a happy sigh. Reilly chuckled.

"Speaking of which, we should probably get back to painting," he told me.

"Do we have to?" I whined, holding onto his arm. He kissed me.

"Yes, we have too," he replied. I leaned over and kissed him.

"Can't we just do that?" I begged. He laughed and kissed me again.