Forgiving

I came out of my room were Lexie and I had spent the last half hour getting ready. She did my hair and did my makeup and helped me into my dress.

Her dress was a red lace dress with sleeves down her elbows. It was form fitting and it looked gorgeous on her. She curled her blonde hair and went light with the eye makeup, and she also wore bright red lipstick to compliment her dress.

She had done a light pink lipgloss for me, my dark brown hair was parted down the middle and straightened. I loved how long it was. It went all the way down between my chest and my belly button.

The boys were all dressed up downstairs laughing about something when Bart looked up as he heard a high heel hit the floor.

His eyebrows shot up and his mouth opened.

"What?" Reilly asked as he turned around. His reaction was similar to Bart's. I giggled and bit my lip. Sawyer came running.

"Mommy you look so pretty!" he squealed.

"Thank you," I said as I ruffled his hair.

"You're welcome, mommy," he said. "You need pictures."

"We do?" I asked. He nodded. I grabbed my phone off the counter and handed it to him.

Stood between me and Bart, with Dougie on the end. Next to me was of course Reilly. Sawyer took a few pictures before he said,

"I want one wif mommy and daddy," he said. "Here." He handed the phone to Lexie before he walked over to us.

"Come 'ere, big guy," Reilly said, holding his arms out. He picked up Sawyer and held him on his left side. He snaked his arm around my waist and left his hand on my hip.

"Smile!" Lexie said before she took a picture.

--------------

The party was a blast. It was supposed to be more of a formal event with everyone dressed up nice, but soon all the ties and high heels were abandoned and people were dancing and taking shots.

At one point, Reilly and I were outside alone, just talking.

"I'm smarter," I commented.

"But I'm stronger," he said.

"Lies, Reilly. You see these guns?" I teased as I flexed.

"Still stronger," he said with a smirk.

"Nuh uh."

"Oh yeah?" he grinned. He swooped me off the ground and held me bridal style. I squirmed but he held me in my place.

Eventually I gave up and just put my arms around his neck. I looked up at him, and my eyes involuntarily shifted between his lips and eyes. He closed his eyes and leaned his head towards mine.

"I-I'm sorry, Reils," I whispered as I pulled my head away. "I c-can't."

"Fine," he sighed, setting me down and walking towards the inside.

"Reils," I said, getting choked up.

"Forget it," he snapped as he slammed the door behind him.

I wiped my eyes and sat down at the edge of Brad's pool, sticking my feet in. The water was warm.

I don't know why I stopped myself from kissing him. Something in my gut told me it wasn't the right time. We were at a party, we were both drunk, and the timing was off. I still felt bad. I went inside to find Reilly, only to find him making out with some random girl.

It hurt worse when I saw it was Rachel.

"You ass!" I yelled before grabbing my heels and leaving. I ran down the road, my eyes blurry and my feet hurting.

A car slowed and came to a stop. The window rolled down. It was Dougie.

"Get in," he said. I nodded and walked myself to the passengers side and got in.

"I'm sorry," I cried, wiping my tears.

"Don't be, I was headed home anyway," he said, reaching over the console and taking my hand as a friendly gesture.

"I just- I, he was making out with her Dougie," I whined. "Right after he tried to kiss me."

"He gets weird when he's drunk," Dougie said. "He gets all touchy."

"Apparently."

I looked at my wallpaper on my phone. It was the picture Lexie had taken earlier. I sighed and locked my phone.

------------

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulders.

It was a shirtless Reilly, his hair all messed up.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Please, just come out with me," he said.

"Go where?" I asked with a grunt.

"Just to the commons, to Dunkins, wherever."

"Fine," I said. I would at least listen to what he had to say.

----------

(This little section will have some heavy language.)

An hour later, we were walking through the commons all bundled up in coats and hats with hot chocolate.

"So what did you want?"

"Katie, I feel like shit," he said, peering up at me. "I was just upset when you didn't kiss me, and I was drunk and I knew that Rachel would be down so...." he trailed off.

"I don't get that," I said as I shook my head.

"What?"

"Why you would just kiss her because I didn't kiss you," I said.

"Fuck, I don't know either. I was drunk. I had two more shots and a beer before I kissed her," he said. "I feel like shit."

I sighed.

"But there's another thing," he said. I gave him a look. "I don't want to waste my time waiting around on you."

"Excuse me?" I asked, my eyebrows raising.

"Look, you know I have a thing for you, Katie, and you haven't acted it!"

"Fuck you! I've been waiting for three fucking years!"

"You had those three fucking years to come find me and tell me! But you didn't!" he said, his voice raising.

"Because I fucking loved you Reilly and I fucking cared about you and your fucking career!!"

"But if you really loved me you would've told me," he said. "You made me feel like shit when you said you slept with someone other than me!! I thought our sex was special! Then I find out you slept with another guy right after?!"

"But I didn't! It was special! The best thing in my life came from it!"

"I feel so fucking left out! My son is three years old and I missed all those years! He's only calling me daddy because that's what we told him I was!"

"I'm fucking sorry, okay! I don't know how many fucking times I need to apologize before you get the hell over it!"

I was done with the argument. I was done. I walked faster and away from him. He walked quicker so I broke out into a run. He caught up to me, grabbed my hips, and spun me to face him. I looked into his dark eyes before he closed them and pressed his lips to mine, and I let him.

"I'm guessing I'm forgiven," I whispered as I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck. He smirked and pulled me against him as he kissed me again.