Baseballs and Dresses

Over the next few days, nothing really excited happened between Katie and me. Her friend Lexie was in town and they were spending lots of time together.

We didn't have a game or practice today so decided to take Sawyer to the afternoon Red Sox game against the Yankees.

We were sitting by the stretch between home and first base. David Ortiz hit a foul ball when it happened. The ball flew out our way and I lifted Sawyer above my head where he stuck his hand up and caught it. The crowd cheered and I lowered Sawyer to his seat.

"Look daddy look!!!" Sawyer said, holding the ball towards me.

"I know! I saw!" I said excitedly.

"Can you hold it, daddy? I don't wanna lose it," he said. I nodded and took it from him

"You having fun, buddy?" I asked him as I ruffled his hair.

"Yeah," he answered, his eyes fixed on one of the players. I had began to learn that Sawyer was one of those kids who was kind of introverted. He loved people and he loved to talk, but he also loved to just watch and observe.

"Hey," I heard a voice say. I turned to see Rachel. She sat down next to me and tried to kiss me but I turned my head.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked.

"Reilly, I just want to talk to you," she said. I will admit, Rachel was a pretty girl. But I had Katie.

"You can talk all day long," I told her. "I'm just not into you."

She sighed and left.

"Daddy?"

"Yeah?" I asked, turning to Sawyer.

"Can I, uh, hold your hand?" he asked. He peered up at me with dark brown eyes that looked so much like mine.

"Sure, big guy."

He grinned and grasped my big hand with his small one. I smiled.

--------------------

*Katies POV*

I was out shopping with Lexie. She had come to Boston to see me. I loved her, but I really wished I could've been at the Sox game with Reilly and Sawyer.

Brad was throwing a party at his place, so we were looking for outfits. Lexie emerged from a rack of clothes with a half tight half loose dress. It was a wrap dress with one sleeve and just a thick strap on the other side. It was black and had a sequin design on the side.

"Reilly would just love you in this," she commented as she raised her eyebrows.

A few days ago Reilly and I told each other we liked each other, but nothing was coming of it. I wasn't sure if I was ready for anything to happen either.

We were both still getting used to being a family. Having a son changed everything. Reilly didn't go out as often, and he was always putting Sawyer's wants and needs before his. I could tell Reilly was sometimes unsure.

"Try it on," Lexie said. I took it from her and we made our way to the changing room.

I changed into the dress and looked at myself in the mirror. I never liked to brag on my looks, but I had to admit that, with some heels, the dress looked amazing on me. It hugged me in all the right places.

"Here," Lex said, holding a pair of black suede heels. I slipped them on and stepped out of the dressing room. Lexie's jaw dropped.

"What?" I giggled.

"Katie, you look fucking hot."

I laughed and snorted.

"I'm not lying, I would totally bang you," she said with a nod. I laughed harder and smacked her.

This party would be interesting.