Ch.3

*2 days later*
*jens birthday*
*alarm goes off*
Today I wasn't in a bad mood, just because it was my birthday! I'm now 16 years old, or as some girls say it at my school '16 years young' like why?! I don't know but whatever. I changed into running clothes and headed for my daily morning run.
As soon as I got home from my run I went straight to the shower and did what I had to do. Today I was wearing a simple black tshirt dress and my white vans.
*skip to after school*
I got a lot of Happy Birthdays here and there throughout the day, considering a lot of people don't like me. As soon as I got home I was greeted with Happy Birthdays by my stepdad, brothers, and sisters. My mom wasn't home yet. I get to my room and change into running clothes as soon as I open my bedroom door I see Mads with a teddy bear, 4 cupcakes, two bags filled with clothes from wet seal and a box. 'I wonder what's in the box' when Mads sets the things down she automatically says "inside the box are just pictures and memories of us and our favorite celebrities" I hug her and thank her for the presents and told her I was going for a run and she should come over later. I was vlogging again. I was just talking to my camera after my run about random things, I was interrupted by my phone ringing
(M-mom, j-Jen)
M- WHERE ARE YOU!
J- I went for a run at the middle school.
M- WELL I WANT YOU HOME NOW! YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE OUT THIS LATE ALONE!
J- okay I'll be home in a few
M- HURRY YOUR ASS UP!
*ends call*
I look back at the camera 'well she's pissed af, and I guess she forgot my birthday again.' I soon picked up all my things and ran home. When I get home I see an angry mother right in front of my face. She starts yelling so as usual I answer with 'yeahs' and 'okays' and kinda tune her out. But I start paying attention as she yells 'IM GLAD YOU AREN'T MY CHILD' I just stare at her and she finally processed what she told me and lowers her voice " I'm sorry I didn't mean that" I am still looking at her in shock and before I knew I was going to talk " I'm not yours? You aren't my mom? So you're saying my whole life is a lie and I was adopted?! " came out of my mouth. She just stares at me, "answer me" I said in a calm voice covering how much I'm hurting because of this news. " yes we adopted you. " she says looking down, "wow" I go to my room and slam the door. I text Mads saying I'm going to spend the night at her place after I clear my mind. I open my bedroom door with my backpack in my hand starting to walk to the front door ignoring my 'mom' trying to stop me. I walk around the block a couple of times before going to Madison's house, as soon as I get there she sees I've been crying. She automatically hugs me while saying "when you're ready to talk tell me what's happening" I just nod my head. I changed into my pajamas and sat on Madison's bed before she even asks if I ready to talk I say "I'm adopted" with no emotion. She stares at me like I'm a crazy person "I'm sorry you're what?" Mads says "she's not my mom, they aren't my family, that's why I don't look like them, that's why I am such an outcast, that's why I never fit in" I say finally putting the pieces together. "Oh wow, I don't know what to say" Mads says "you don't have to say anything. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight Mads" "goodnight Jen" Mads said and we both fell asleep.