Chapter Ten - Adam

Chapter Nine - Adam

ALI'S POV

I saw Jordan staring at me with a serious expression. Why did he want to know so bad? He probably doesn't give two shits about me, he probably just kissed me so I would shut up. And it worked.

"Well..." I began. I looked into Jordan's eyes again, and I awkwardly looked away. "It started when I was ten years old... my mom died, and little did I know that my world was about to turn to shit."

I looked back at him again, tears starting to form in the corners of my eyes. "Everyday was the same from there though. Bullies at school were the least of my problems. Sometimes I actually looked forward to school whenever my dad was planning on beating me in the morning. Especially whenever he drinks in the morning. I would run out quick before he would even wake up." I made sure to not talk about the part that Jordan was the only reason why I was alive today, he'll probably be super creeped out.

I was about to continue when Jordan cut me off. "Your dad beats you?" he said, disbelief and anger raging through his face.

"Ya..." I mumbled. But he's not the only one... I don't want Jordan to know about Adam...

"Why? Who's Adam?" Jordan suddenly said. I stared at him in confusion and then put my face in my hands. Did I seriously just think out loud?

"Yah, you did," Jordan said, his expression not changing.

I sighed loudly. "Do you really want to know?" I muttered quietly. I saw him nod, and I flicked the tear away that was starting to form in my eye. "Adam is my boyfriend. Kind of... I met him in junior year, and I thought that he was 'The One,' but it turned out that he was the opposite of that. He beats me whenever he can... and he raped me... He has my virginity..."

At that point, Jordan was about to cry. "Why don't you just leave him? You know? Break up with him?" he said quietly.

"It's not that simple..." I said. "I still love him... But I don't know why."

Jordan got up, pacing the room. He tipped his head back, holding his face in his hands. He groaned loudly.

I got up, grabbed my phone and my jacket and was about to leave the apartment quickly while Jordan was preoccupied with himself.

JORDAN'S POV

"...He has my virginity," I heard Ali say, her voice shaking.

Anger and yes, part jealousy boiled inside me. Who is this Adam guy?! Why doesn't she just break up with him? "Why don't you just leave him? You know? Break up with him?" I said quickly and softly.

My heart drooped deep into my stomach when I heard her mutter, "It's not that simple..." It sank even deeper when she said, "I still love him... But I don't know why."

I got up and paced around the room. Eventually I grabbed my face in my hands and groaned loudly, tipping my head back, not caring if Ali was looking at me or not.

God damn it, Jordan! I told you she already has a boyfriend! He may beat her, but she did say that she loved him! You've just fallen in a trap deeper than what you anticipated for!

I heard shuffling behind me and I saw Ali pulling her coat back on, about to leave the apartment. She pushed open the door slightly, but I slammed it shut before she could leave.

Ali looked up at me, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "I have to get home," she said flatly.

"Ali, you haven't been home in a few days... how do you expect your dad will react to this if he already beats you and is drunk?" I said calmly.

"Well then what am I supposed to do?!" she screamed. She fell to the floor, and I immediately felt regret build up inside me. You just fucking pushed her over the edge, Jordan! You're such an idiot!

I dropped to the floor, my eyes filling with tears in empathy of Ali. "No, Ali! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to say that!" I said, guiding her away from the door, wrapping my arms around her.

After standing there for a few minutes, Ali started crying harder and harder. I decided to go to my last resort. I pushed her beautiful, crying face up to face me, and I leaned in, and kissed her.

ALI'S POV

I didn't know why, but I just broke down. Everything bubbling inside me took full effect and pushed me over the edge. "Well then what am I supposed to do?!" I screamed.

I saw regret flash through Jordan's eyes and I fell to the ground. I started crying hard, and I heard Jordan start talking.

"No, Ali! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to say that!" he said, his voice cracking in the middle of his sentence.

I felt his arms wrap around me. We stood up, and he guided me away from the door, and we were standing in the middle of his living room.

After a few minutes, I felt like I could just crumple, and I cried harder into Jordan's chest. I felt Jordan relax for some reason, and the next thing I knew, Jordan lifted up my face and kissed me.

I felt this weird tingling sensation that jolted through my entire body, starting for the tip of my toes all the way to the longest strand of hair.

This was the first kiss between me and Jordan that I was fully aware of. We weren't taken by surprise, none of us were sick, this was the first kiss where I felt a true, deep, churning sensation deep inside me.

We stood there for what might have been forever or a few short seconds, until the loud opening of the door snapped open and we both turned our heads simultaneously.

"ADAM?!" we both said at once.

---

A/N hehhehee does this count as a cliffhanger? I don't know... But if this Adam is Ali's so called "abusive boyfriend," how does Jordan know his name? euheuheuheuhe

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny