Chapter Twenty-Three - A New Beginning

A/N Hey guys! So it's Sunny here, and I literally can not thank you guys enough. 1,000 reads?! This is absolutely amazing.

So in order to repay all you lovelies out there, I am doing a 1K Special! AKA a somewhat longer & eventful chapter!

So buckle your seatbelts for an intense chappie!

-Sunny

---

Chapter Twenty-Two - A New Beginning

ALI'S POV

It's been only a day and half since Jordan and I were done. Although that is an extremely short time, it felt like an eternity.

Spending every second of every day mourning over the fact that your boyfriend never loved you makes the day feel stretched. A lot. It hurts even more when you don't even have a friend to lean on and eat ice cream with, so you resort to your ex.

I knocked on Mitch's door, tears streaming down my face. When I saw him open the door, I immediately noticed how bad he looked. Messed up hair, bags under his eyes, and the sad expression on his face.

When he saw me, his face immediately lightened up, then darkened when he saw the tears that were staining my cheeks.

I bit my lip, trying to stop them, but they kept pouring out. I can't do this! I thought. I covered my entire face with my hands and I was about to crumple to the floor when Mitch caught me.

He brought me into a hug and he closed the door with his left hand. My knees buckled, and I felt Mitch stumble a little bit because of it. He balanced himself and carried me in his arms to the couch.

He layed me down on it, and he immediately brought me into a deeper hug. I cried more than I have ever cried before, even more than when my mother "died."

No matter what I did, I felt more and more tears pour out of my eyelids, and each droplet led to another one. I gripped the back of Mitch's t-shirt, which I had just realized was a CaptainSparklez t-shirt.

I pulled away immediately, revolted. I don't know what had gotten into me. I felt like my life was breaking off piece by piece, ebbing away my soul. I couldn't feel anymore, and frankly, I didn't want to.

I stared at the shirt, stil sobbing, and I saw Mitch look down. I saw realization pass through him, and he immediately ripped off the shirt and threw it into a nearby trashcan.

Mitch turned to me again and I fell into his chest as the sobs started to die. I played with the marks of his six-pack, until I felt him sit up, still holding me gently on the couch.

"The good part of being your boyfriend for a while, is that I know the cure to sadness for you, is to eat ice cream and watch re-runs of Gossip Girl," Mitch said quietly.

I nodded into his chest, and he got up and went to the kitchen. He returned with two spoons and a giant tub of vanilla ice cream.

Mitch turned on Netflix and searched Gossip Girl, and we immediately became engrossed in the show. Or at least, I did, Mitch seemed to pretend for my sake, which I thought was sweet.

I ate so much ice cream, that my tongue was cold enough that I couldn't feel it. The episode we were watching just finished and Mitch turned the TV off, turning to me.

"So are you going to tell me what happened? Unless you don't want to," Mitch said, putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

I sighed. "Well... Jordan never liked me... I could see it. He lied, saying that he loved me, even though he didn't," I began, sniffling. "I needed to move on from his before he could hurt me more, so I broke up with him."