Chapter Twenty-Five - Meeting Jordan's Mother

Chapter Twenty-Four - Meeting Jordan's Mother

ALI'S POV

"Mother, please come in," Jordan said awkwardly, moving both himself and I aside, still grabbing onto my waist.

I stepped aside and whispered in Jordan's ear quietly, "I'm going to change into something more... umm... appropriate."

Once Jordan's mom walked past us and into the living room, I slipped into the bedoorm. I walked into the closet and sank down against the wall.

"Ugh... she must think I'm a whore..." I muttered under my breath, putting my head in my hands. I eventually got up and chose a simple outfit.

I went to the bathroom to wash up slightly and came back out in a ponytail. I walked to the living room and sat next to Jordan, his mom sitting on the opposite couch, with crossed legs and arms.

"So, Jordan, who is the lady? That was wearing your shirt?" his mother said, pursing her lips, clearly annoyed with my presence.

Jordan looked at me with soft eyes. "Ali, why don't you introduce yourself to my mother," he said, wrapping his arms around me.

How is he acting so calm? His mother just saw me half-naked with HIS shirt on! I thought.

"Hello, Mrs. Maron. I'm Ali Keele, Jordan's girlfriend. I just moved in with Jordan from Florida," I said quickly, biting the inside of my cheek.

"Jordan... you had a girlfriend and you didn't tell me? And why was she wearing only YOUR shirt?" she asked, crossing her arms even tighter.

"Because it's my life, and because she's my girlfriend," Jordan said calmly. "Now what are you doing here?" Jordan continued, making his tone slightly angrier.

Looks like Jordan and his mom have a rough relationship... I thought.

"Because you are my son, can I not visit you?" she said, tilting her head slightly.

"Not when you don't support me in anything," he retorted quickly, gripping me harder.

I felt Jordan's mom tense up, and I felt very awkward sitting there, watching the intense stares flicker from Jordan, to Mrs. Maron, to me.

"Jordan," she began. "I don't like you dating this girl."

My mouth opened slightly in shock. "What?!" I heard Jordan yell loudly. I gulped, looking down at my feet.

"You heard me. I am your mother. And because you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend, I already set up a date with you and my boss's daughter, Christina," she continued, burning through me with her eyes.

I felt my eyes water, taking in what she had just said. "No," Jordan said simply. I looked over at him, and saw a dent in his cheek where he was clenching his jaw.

"And why is that, Jordan?" she said, still burning through my body with her eyes.

"The only reason you did it is because your boss is rich," Jordan stated blandly, still clenching his jaw.

"No, but at least she works at her father's company, which might I add, is a REAL job," she barked, her tone going higher and higher.

I felt Jordan rise from the couch and he yelled, "NO, MOM! I LOVE ALI! NOT SOME RANDOM GIRL THAT YOU WANT ME TO MARRY FOR HER MONEY!"

He grabbed hold of my hand and dragged us both into the bedroom. He closed the door behind us, and he immediately pulled me into a hug.

I let my tears flow out of my eyes. "Your mother hates me, Jordan..." I muttered.

"Who cares? I love you and only you, and she can't stop me," he said, playing with my hair.

"Jordan! Meet Christina at Olive Garden at 7:00 tonight! You better arrive!" his mother yelled. I heard the front door close and I pulled apart from him.

I sat on the bed and sighed. "Jordan, you should go... You're mother seemed really mad at you. I mean it's only one date, right?"

"No, Ali. It's not just one date! I don't want to go on any dates unless it's with you," Jordan said, sitting next to me.

"Jordan. Do it for me. Please. You're mother will be really mad if you don't go," I pleaded, not wanting to make an even worse impression on his mother.

Jordan sighed. "Okay, Ali. Help me get ready though," he said while getting up, offering me his hand.

I took it and he led us to his closet. I helped him pick out an outfit, a simple but presentable one, and marveled at his abs while he changed.

I fixed his messy hair and made him put on his famous grey beanie. We looked at the time and realized that it was only 1:00.

We spent the rest of the day eating lunch, and watching movies. When 6:30 finally rolled around, we got up from the couch and headed towards the door.

"Don't have too much fun without me," I said, leaning against the open door.

"I can't have fun without you, Ali," Jordan replied sweetly. He stroked my cheek and kissed me.

I closed the door and returned to the couch. I turned on Netflix and started watching Gossip Girl again.

After about an hour, I heard the doorbell ring. Is Jordan home already? I thought, getting up quickly from the couch.

I opened the door, expecting to see Jordan, but instead, I saw Adam.

My smile faded, and I frowned as I saw the bouquet of flowers in his hands. "What are you doing all the way in California, Adam?" I asked sternly, walking back inside.

Adam walked in as well and handed me the flowers. "To win your heart back, Ali, from Jordan."

I groaned and sighed loudly. "Adam, you know I love Jordan," I said quietly, flopping on the couch again, about to press play on the remote when Adam spoke up.

"If Jordan loved you, then where is he?" he said.

I swallowed. Uh-Oh. "He's on one little date, and before you say anything, he NEEDED to go on it. I wanted him to go too."

"And why is that?" Adam asked calmly.

"Can you just stop, Adam?" I said, getting annoyed now.

"Come on, Jordan went on 'one little date,' can't I take you on one as well?" he said, playing with his hands and staring straight at me.

I thought about it for a moment. Jordan did go on a date... why shouldn't I be able to go on one? I mean, I don't like Adam, so it won't mean anything.

"Okay. Fine. One little date," I said.

---

A/N Hey guys! Hope you liked it! AND GUESS WHAT?! ALMOST 1.5K READS! Thank you guys so much! I love you all!

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny