Chapter Twelve - This Can't Be Happening

Chapter Eleven - This Can't Be Happening

JORDAN'S POV

 At first I couldn't process what she had said. Do I have something on my face...? "What do you mean?" I said, forcing a small laugh out, "I'm Jordan..." I said quietly.

I saw panic flash through her eyes, then she backed away, and I saw she was terrified of me. I got up, trying to reach out to her, but she flinched.

I turned and looked at Mitch, and I saw Ali's eyes follow my gaze. "Oh, hey, Mitch!" Ali said cheerfully. I whipped my head around to face her.

"You remember Mitch but not me?" I whispered, biting back the tears that were threatening to spill out of my eyes.

The next thing I knew, the doctor we were just talking to came barging into the room, taking us out. 

"I was just about to say, Ali hit her head somehow, perhaps when she fell, and she seems to have amnesia. We'll try a few exercises on her and see if we can retrieve any of her memory back." the doctor said, switching his gaze from me, then to Mitch, then back to me. "I suspect she doesn't remember any of you?"

"Actually, doctor, she seems to remember me," Mitch said quickly, glancing over at me.

"Oh, well, that's great! She must really love you then, I'm suspecting you're her boyfriend?" the doctor said, quickly jotting down notes on his clipboard.

Mitch chuckled, then said calmly, "I wish."

I felt something boil deep inside me. 'I wish?!' I repeated the words over and over again in my head, until I felt my fists balling up by my sides. 

I quickly left the room, my face turning red in anger and tears streaming down my face in sadness. I barged out the doors of the hospital, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I heard Mitch's voice say calmly, "How are you planning to get home?'

--- LOL time skip, just imagine Jordan crying in the car xD ---

I slammed my apartment door behind me, not caring if Mitch had anything to say.

I ran into the living room, tears still streaming down my face. I got a pillow and through it at the wall. That's when it kicked in. The realization kicked in.

Ali Keele, the girl I had established I had loved, forgot me. And even worse, she remembered Mitch, not me.

Did she really like Mitch?

MITCH'S POV

I chuckled. "I wish," I said to the doctor.

I could feel Jordan tense up next to me, and I was about to turn, but Jordan shouldered past me, and I saw him leave the hallway, and out of the hospital.

I catched up to him, touched his shoulder, and said calmly, "How are you planning to get home?"

--- LOL time skip again ---

I was about to bring up some small talk, trying to avoid the subject of Ali, when Jordan slammed the door behind him, leaving me to go to my apartment next door.

I sat on the couch calmly, and I realized, Ali remembered me, not Jordan.

I felt myself smile widely, and I leaned back against the couch. Maybe Ali does like me?

JORDAN'S POV (sorry if this is too much POV switching)

I felt my phone tremble in my pocket. I took it out, and realized it was the hospital calling. I quickly ran out of my apartment, and barged into Mitch's, while answering the call and putting it on speaker.

I saw Mitch stand up when a man started speaking.

D- DOCTOR

J- JORDAN

D -"Hello, is this Mr. Maron?"

J - "Yes, is this the hospital?"

D - "Yes. Well, we have some news about Ali."

J - "Did she get her memory back?!"

D - "Well, no, but we did a few tests, and we've collected some data and information. At first, we mentioned just your names, and when we said Mitch, she seemed to remember him comforting her, and sadly when we mentioned yours, Jordan, she just seemed kind of scared. She said something involving "abusive relationship," but I am quite sure she just is "remembering" fake thoughts.

I didn't know what to do, and I felt my phone drop onto the wooden floor. But I'm not Adam.

I saw Mitch pick up the phone after the doctor said, "hello?" a few times.

"Yes, hello?" Mitch said quickly.

"Oh, well you are welcome to come pick Ali up at the hospital, but I recommend Mitch picking her up, she seems to be a bit uncomfortable around Jordan at the moment. It may take some time before her memory returns but don't get your hopes up high... it seems that it is very possible that she may never recieve her memory back, ever."

 MITCH'S POV

"Oh..." I said sofltly, then I quickly hung up. I handed the phone to Jordan, who seemed to be staring at nothing.

He took it from my grasp and I mumbled quickly, "Make sure your not here when I get here with Ali."

I saw him nod slightly, and I grabbed my coat, hopped into my car and drove to the hospital.

I signed her discharge papers and I saw Ali walk out, bandages still wrapped around her head and her shoulders, but she still looked incredibly beautiful.

I ran up to her and hugged her tightly, standing there for a long time.

I hope she never remembers Jordan.

---

A/N MERRY CHRISTMAS MY LITTLE BOOGERS :)

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny