Chapter Twenty - Revive

Chpater Nineteen - Revive

ALI'S POV

I watched Adam walk out of the hospital room, and I just sat on the bed in shock, my mouth agape. What just happened? I thought, sighing.

I sat there for a few more minutes, waiting for Jordan to return. I twiddled with my thumbs, and I looked up immediately when I heard Jordan open the hospital door.

He grabbed my hand and we headed out of the hospital, still hand in hand. "So, Ali, it's time to take you on a proper date," Jordan said, smiling.

"But I need to change first!" I exclaimed loudly. 

"No, you don't," Jordan said, pulling me forward.

He pulled us both into a fancy restaurant. I felt out of place and was embarrassed when I walked in in a blood-covered shirt, with denim shorts on.

Jordan pulled us both into a booth and a waitress immediately rushed over to us, wearing fancy makeup and a very short dress.

"Hello, would you like to start off with a drink?" she said in a flat voice.

"Water would be nice, thank you," Jordan said, nodding slightly.

The sound of the tiny bell on the door made me look towards the door. I saw a woman middle-aged about, turning around, and I saw her face.

I gasped. No... it can't be... no... I thought. I turned to face Jordan, "Jordan, I'll be right back..." I mumbled with wide eyes.

I quickly scrambled out of the booth and confronted the lady. When I tapped on her shoulder, I saw her eyebrows twitch with recognition.

I burned my eyes into her skull. "Mom?" I said, pinching myself secretly to see if I was dreaming.

"Ali?" she said. I saw her eyes light up and I felt her lean in to hug me. I quickly blocked her with my palms, and I felt her draw back in surprise.

"How are you... alive...?" I questioned, suspicious.

"And why are you covered in blood, Ali?" she asked back.

"I asked you first," I said.

She sighed. "Can we go get a seat?"

"Well... I'm actually on a date, but I guess you could join us," I said, walking to Jordan.

I sat down, and I saw Jordan look up from his phone from across the table. "Jordan... meet my mother," I said quietly.

I saw Jordan's eyes light up with confusion, I thought that she was..." he started to say. "I mean... Hello, Mrs. Keele."

"Hello... Jordan was it?" she said, sliding in next to me.

"Correct," Jordan said, nodding. I could feel his gaze burning into my skull as I looked down. "Ali... I thought that your mother was..."

"I thought the same too. Mom, you have a shit ton of explaining to do," I said, staring at my mother.

She sighed deeply. "First, you have to tell me why you have blood all over your shirt, and who this Jordan boy is," she said in one breath.

I groaned. "Mom, I was in the hospital. Period. Jordan is my..." I said, trailing off.

I look at Jordan and he immediately said, "Boyfriend."

"Yes, boyfriend," I repeated, looking back at my mother. "Now. Why are you alive?"

She took a deep breath and she started to say, "When I died, the government took me before the police could. They have a drug they're testing, that bring people back to life. But only sudden death. It can't fix cancer or a huge sickness like that."

Jordan and I looked at my mother in shock. "What is it called?" I said quietly. 

"It's called revive." she said, breathing out.

(A/N HAVE YOU GUYS GOTTEN THE REFERNCE YET? NO? WELL IT'S A BOOK CALLED REVIVE BY CAT PATRICK GO READ IT NOW)

"But the secret-government made me move and change my name so that no one could suspect anything. But it got overthrown and now revive is gone," she finished. biting her lip.

---

A/N Okay guys, I know super abrupt ending, but I'm so busy, I swear there's this huge boulder called writer's block right in front of my face.

I'm sorry!

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny