Chapter Twenty-Six - The Dates

Chapter Twenty-Five - The Dates

ALI'S POV

I saw Adam's smile widen and he let out a little cry of joy while rocking back and forth on his heels. "Great. I already made a reservation, be ready in ten?" he asked.

I sighed. "Sure, Adam. I'll be right out," I agreed. I walked into me and Jordan's bedroom and quickly entered the closet.

I chose a simple outfit, making sure it looked like I wasn't trying to impress anybody, especially Adam. I don't want him to get the wrong idea.

I walked back into the living room and saw Adam rise from the couch. He smiled. "You look beautiful," he blurted out, blushing.

I stopped in my tracks. I've never heard Adam say that to me before... I thought. Whenever I saw Adam, I would always think of all the bad memories that he and I shared.

I would never be able to look at him the way I look at Jordan, because I would never be able to forgive Adam for everything he did.

I smiled. "Thank you, Adam," I said blushing as well. We lef the condo, and I locked the door, leaving a note on the counter telling Jordan that I headed out.

We reached Adam's car, and he opened the door, which reminded me of Jordan. Jealousy shot through me as I thought of the date Jordan was on, with a different girl.

I sighed as I entered the car, and I watched Adam's slide into the driver's seat. He smiled at me, and he immediately exited the driveway and onto the road.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, we arrived at a fancy restaurant that looked very expensive. Adam opened the passenger seat for me and I exited the car.

When we were seated, we immediately ordered and sat in silence, when Adam spoke up. "So, Ali, how has life been?" he asked, sipping on his water.

I sighed, taking a deep breath. "It's been great actually," I said, without really thinking. "Jordan and I have settled in finally, and I think my life is finally looking.. um... up," I added.

"Oh... Sorry about that... about um... well, everything," Adam said awkwardly.

I cleared my throat. "Um... it's okay."

"No, I'm really sorry. But I've changed, Ali, I promise!" Adam pleaded immediately before the waitress came with our food.

I ignored his plead and began eating my salad. When Adam and I both finished our meal and appetizers, I reached for my wallet.

Adam grabbed my wrist and I winced, pain stinging through my scars. He immediately pulled back, shocked. "Oh, Ali... I'm so sorry... Is it because of... me?"

"Not anymore," I said, swallowing.

Adam looked incredibly uncomfortable and awkward. "Well the least I could do is pay for your dinner," he said, taking out his credit card.

We exited the restaurant quietly, and he opened the car door again for me, and we drove back to my condo. 

He walked out of the car as well, and he walked me to the doorstep. I turned to say goodbye after grabbing my keys when I saw a look of hesitation on Adam's face.

"Ali, wait," he said quickly.

"Yes?" I asked, curious.

"Please don't hate me for this."

"For what?" I thought, backing away, scared he was going to hit me again.

I saw him put up his hands in innocence and say, "No! Not that, Ali. I already told you, I've changed..."

"Then what?" I asked, putting my hands back down to my side.

"This," he said. Before I could process anything, I felt him cup my face with his hands, lean in, and place his lips on mine.

I couldn't even move, I was in such shock. Before I could push him off, I heard a voice full of disbelief croak, "Ali?"

JORDAN'S POV

I kissed Ali quickly, and watched her close the door slowly, saying goodbye to me.

I entered my car, which I was happy to have back in California. I backed out of the driveway, hoping whoever this "Christina" person is, understands that my mother made me do this.

I arrived at Olive Gardan exactly at 7, and waited inside for whoever this "Christina" girl was. I played Angry Birds on my phone and fixed my beanie quickly when I heard a familiar voice say, "Jordan?"

I looked up at the direction of the voice, and standing there, was Morgan.

"Morgan?!" I said, shooting out of my seat. "What are you doing here?"

"Filling in for my sister's blind date... Little did I know that this certain 'Jordan' was well.. you," she said, biting her lip.

"Oh. You're Christina's sister?" I said awkwardly.

I saw her nod quickly, and she asked, "Do you want to eat anyways? Catch up?"

I sighed. "Sure, why not. I'm starving anyways."

We got seated at a table near the front, and she immediately started the conversation head on. "So what happened to Ali?"

"Actually, we're still together," I responed, ignoring her stare of confusion. I read over the menu quickly and decided on pasta.

"Then why are you even here? On a blind date?" she said, clearly confused, and clearly pissed at the fact that Ali was still in my life.

"My mom made me come here," I said, waving for a waitress.

"Why? Surely she likes Ali, does she not?" she nagged, smirking.

"Well, to be honest, she doesn't," I said honestly, hoping that Morgan would finally drop the subject. All I wanted to do was get home as quickly as possible and cuddle with Ali.

"I bet your mother would love me, Jordan," she went on.

At this point, I was ready to yell at her, but instead, I just got out of my seat and walked towards the entrance.

I felt Morgan stare at me from behind, but I kept on walking out of the restaurant. At this point, it was already 8:00, since I had waited for Christina, or more like Morgan, to arrive.

I hopped into my car and turned towards home, hoping to find Ali still on the couch, welcome arms for snuggling.

I returned home, checking the time. 8:30. 

I drove into the driveway, turning my headlights and engine off. I opened the door , but stopped in my tracks when I saw two figures in front of the driveway.

I couldn't hear anything they were saying, but I made out Ali in the darkness. What is she doing out here? I thought, waking towards them.

Before I could reach them, I saw the other figure lean forward, placing his lips on Ali's. And the worst part? Ali didn't pull away.

"Ali?" I croaked in a weak voice.

---

A/N Hope you guys enjoyed! And thank you guys so mother freaking much for 1.6K reads! Absolutely amazing! Love you all!

-Sunny