Chapter Sixteen - Mitch

A/N So 400 reads huh, wow. :)

Chapter Fifteen - Mitch

ALI'S POV

I  broke away from the hug quickly, and I felt tears about to flow from my eyes. I breathed in and out, making sure to look as if I wasn't on the borderline of sobbing my eyes out.

"Well, it was great to see you again, Jordan. I'll be heading back to Miami tomorrow, so I'll stay out of your way. Also, congratulations on scoring the girl," I said, nudging him with my shoulder.

I watched his smile falter slightly. "Leaving so soon? Are you so ready to leave me again?" He said jokingly.

I laughed and bit the inside of my cheek. "Well, you seem pretty happy and I just wanted to see you again. Glad we're friends again, Jordan."

"Yah, friends," Jordan said quietly.

"Do you have a guest room I could sleep in for the night? I'm really jetlagged and I have a flight to catch tomorrow," I said, biting my lip.

"Oh, yah, of course, just go down the hallway and to the right," Jordan said.

I thanked him and I flopped down into the comfortable matress when I closed the door. I went online to Jet Blue services and bought myself a ticket back to Miami.

I also went on Skype to see if Mitch was on. I feel like he needed an explanation.

I saw the green mark next to his name and I clicked on his contact, starting a video call. When I saw Mitch's face come up I smiled.

The man that I am looking at through this computer screen is someone who only likes me. Not some other girl named Morgan. Maybe I should give Mitch a shot. He won't break my heart.

I took a deep breath and said while looking straight at the webcam, "I'm sorry, Mitch, for just leaving randomly. I remembered Jordan and I felt like I just needed to come and see him again..."

I saw Mitch nod, pursing his lips and swallowing. "Does that mean... that you and him are...?" he said, looking away, never finishing his sentence.

"No, Mitch. He has a girlfriend. We never really were dating, nonetheless together..." I said, trailing off.

I saw Mitch look up, his eyes full of hope. "Does this mean that when you come home, we can give us another shot?"

I sighed. I had to move on at some point. And maybe Mitch will be the key to that.

I bit the inside of my cheek and took a breath. "Yes, Mitch."

*The Next Day*

I woke up, and took a quick shower before anyone else woke up. I got ready by putting on a comfortable outfit for the plane ride, a light layer of makeup, and putting my hair up in a ponytail.

I heard Jordan's door opening and I watched a very cute, shirtless Jordan come out of his room. I looked away blushing, and pretended to be preoccupied on my phone while sitting on the couch.

I looked up at him when he sat next to me. "Hey, could I have a ride to the airport?" I asked, hoping my cheeks weren't too crimson.

"You're actually leaving?" Jordan said quietly, looking down.

"Yep, and don't worry about it or anything. Mitch is picking me up from the airport," I said, looking back down at my phone.

For some reason, I felt Jordan tense up at the sound of Mitch's name. I shrugged it off and listened to Jordan say, "Sure, let me just take a quick shower."