Bonus Epilogue - Family Reunion

Oh, god, guys, at the moment I'm writing this, I have no idea what I'm going to do. Nostalgia rushes are coming back because of this book... ;-;

But I wanted to thank you guys for 100 followers so here's part of your gift, enjoy.

God, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to write this without crying because of the nostalgia... :( Oh, well, here goes nothing!

Bonus Epilogue - Family Reunion

ALI'S POV (woah, haven't written that in a long time.)

"Jordan, I'm not too sure about this, I mean, it's been five years... I'm 23 now! I haven't seen them in five freaking years!" I exclaimed, still sitting in the passengers seat of the car that Jordan and I had bought together.

"Come on, Ali, it's okay, I'll be there with you," Jordan said soothingly, his hand reaching towards mine. He lifted it and kissed the front of my hand. "It'll be fine, I promise."

"What if he hasn't changed? What if they don't even live here anymore? That means we just flew all the way to Miami for no reason!" I began to fret, my eyes widening at the endless negative possibiltes. "What if--"

"Ali! Relax, don't worry about a thing," he continued, still clutching my hand in his. "Come on. Let's go inside."

I took a deep breath before pushing the car door open, taking in another deep breath of refreshing air as my feet landed on the hard pavement. I slammed the door shut, smoothing out my flannel shirt and blonde hair.

"Come on, they're your parents," Jordan said soothingly, wrapping an arm around my waist. He guided me up the long driveway, playing with the bottoms of my hair slightly.

When we reached the front door, I tentatively reached my hand out to knock, before pulling away and pacing around the porch slightly.

I eventually got the courage to tap my fist lightly on the hard and familiar wood.

The door opened quickly, a very familiar man opening the door. I recognized my dad immediately.

The first thing that I noticed was that he had a beer bottle in hand, casually dangling from right hand. Oh, shit. I thought. But my eyes took the rest of his appearance, and saw he looked different, much different.

His brown hair was whiffed up neatly, his clothes were smooth and he smelled nice.

"Hello, who are you?" he asked politely, leaning against the wall. I smiled, relieved that he had changed, which also meant that my mother must be here.

As though she could hear my thoughts, I heard a higher pitched and soothing voice call out, "Honey, who's at the door?" I grinned even wider at the sound of her tone.

She appeared next to him, her blonde hair neatly tied in a loose ponytail. She smiled respectfully at me as well, clearly unaware of who she was standing in front of.

I couldn't blame them at all, though. It's been five years, my hair has grown out to my hips, I now had large black glasses, and I had gained a bit of weight, especially in my stomach due to the increase of food compared to my first eighteen years of starvation and abuse.

"Hi, how are you?" my mother asked, "Please, come inside, are you two newlyweds? You must have just moved into the neighborhood!" She quickly walked away to the living room, leaving no choice but for us to follow.

I traced the inscriptions of the countless thrown beer bottles at my head on the hallway wall with a tentative finger as we traveled to the living room.

She quickly settled us onto the couch. "So, when did you guys move in?" she asked, reaching for a cup of tea that was on the coffee table.

"Uh, well, actually, we didn't move in, we live in Los Angeles," Jordan said.

Jordan's changed quite a lot in the last few years as well, growing his stubble out a little more, glasses like mine, and he dressed a little more special for the occasion, so it was no wonder as to why my mother didn't recognize him either.

"Oh, really? What are you two doing here then?" my father asked curiously.

Jordan glanced over at me, sending a signal to tell them now with his eyes.

I sighed, taking in a breath of air. "Well, dad, I thought it would be nice to see if you and mom were hanging in alright, you know?" I said, crossing my legs over one another.

Confusions flickered over both their expressions, before my father reacted first. "Ali!" he exclaimed, jumping up, dropping the beer bottle in his hand.

I flinched slightly at the familiar noise of the bottle crashing to the hard surface, wincing at the memories of endless pain he had caused me.

"The last time I saw you... I was..." he tried to say, but stumbling over his own words.

"It's fine, you don't need to bring that up," I replied civilly, glancing back at my mother.

Her jaw was dropped, and she immediately scrambled out of her seat and gave me a bone-crunching hug. "Ali... baby, why did you never call?" she choked out.

"I was scared," I admitted after a few seconds. "I'm not gonna lie."

She let go of me, and she rushed to the kitchen, returning with a plate of chips and crackers with cheese.

She gave Jordan a hug as well while saying, "Thank you so much for taking care of our baby when we couldn't."

When she pulled away from him, I immediately reached out to the plate of food, starving. I ate plenty, my father's deep rumbling laughter sounding through the air.

"My, Ali, you've developed quite an appetite over the past five years," he joked.

I swallowed the mouthful of food in my mouth, waiting until it had settled. I shot a glance at Jordan, and he just smiled while nodding. I cleared my throat slightly before I responded.

"Well, dad, maybe it's because I'm actually eating for two."

A/N TEEHEE. Awe. This will forever be a cliffhanger.
;3

NOSTALGIA ;---; CAN'T DEAL.

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny