Chapter Eighteen - Broken Promises

A/N Hey guys! Just want to say I hope you've all had the best holidays ever, and also if your in a different timezone than I am then tell 2014 I said hi! Happy New Years!

Chapter Seventeen - Broken Promises

ALI'S POV

I fluttered my eyes open, turned around, expecting to see Mitch there like every other morning. Suddenly, at once, the memories of yesterday poured through me.

Jordan and I kissed, and he really did love me. And I love him. But there was only one problem... how will I break this to Mitch?

I bit my lip, thinking deeply, then eventually stared at the clock. 10:00, it read. Mitch should be awake by now. I thought. Should I tell him? How do I tell him?

I got up, took a long shower, just thinking of a way to tell Mitch without hurting his feelings. I got out, feeling refreshed and dried my hair with a towel.

I put it up in a messy bun, and walked into the kitchen. I made myself a cup of coffee, and I sat down on the couch.

I decided that it was better to rip off the band-aid now than later, so I won't feel guilty towards Mitch. He'll understand, right? He knew that I loved Jordan...

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. I strolled over to it, wondering who it could be.

I opened the door and saw Mitch standing there, still in his pajama pants, shirtless. "Ali! You had me so worried! Why did you walk off like that?!" he said.

I just stared at him, unable to say anything.

His expression turned from slight anger to immense guilt. "I'm sorry, Ali... I just felt like I needed to tell you I loved you yesterday. I always have, and always will."

I kept on staring, blinking, not knowing what to say.

"And before you jump to conclusions on what is happening between us, I just wanted to do this one last time," Mitch said. He stepped forward, grabbing my waist and kissed me passionately.

I was shocked. I didn't have enough power to push him off. I just stood there, arms at my side, eyes wide open, and I wasn't kissing back.

"Ali?" a voice side behind Mitch.

Mitch pulled away, and I saw Jordan standing there, a look of shock, disbelief, but most of all, anger burning through his face.

"No! Jordan! I just..." I began to ramble.

"No. Don't even try. I was stupid to think that I could have you back," Jordan said through clenched teeth, throwing the rose he was holding in his hands onto the floor.

Mitch turned to me in shock as I just stood there, staring at the floor. Tears started to form in my eyes. I just lost the man I loved again, not even a full day after I got him back. What the hell is wrong with me?! I thought.

I stepped back and slammed the door shut, locking it. I slid down the wall behind the door and started to cry. I heard Mitch desperately banging the door with his fist, pleading for me to let him in. After a few minutes, I heard him shuffle away. I heard the elevator door open. He must've left.

I suddenly got up, wiped my tears, and entered the bathroom. I was going to do the thing that I promised both Jordan and Mitch I was never going to do again.

I threw everything out of the medicine cabinet above the mirror and touched the very familiar, cold piece of metal that I thought I would never touch again.

I grabbed the razor, and stared straight into the mirror. I looked at my face, counted all the flaws located just there, counting ten. I cut myself on my arm ten times. I screamed at the familiar feeling of stinging pain.

I heard the front door bust open and I thought that it had to be Mitch. I fell to the floor, woozy from losing a lot of blood. I saw the bathroom door open, and I widened my eyes at the sight of the person I saw.

It wasn't Mitch.

It wasn't Jordan.

It was Adam.

---

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Haha just kidding it's not over... DID I GET YOU?! HEHEHEHEHEHEH :D

---

i opened my eyes slowly, blinded from the lights coming in from the blinds. I felt the pain in my wrist start to return and I groaned. I heard shuffling coming from just outside my bedroom and I heard the door creak open.

It was Adam.

I immediately shot out of  the bed, bracing myself from the familiar beating that I knew was going to come.

I cornered myself into the wall and I closed my eyes. Nothing happened. I peeked open one eye, and I saw Adam staring at me, tears forming in his eyes.

"Did I really scare you that much?" he asked quietly.

Don't fall for his kindness, Ali. He's just trying to calm you down so he'll attack you when your most vulnerable! I thought, opening both of my eyes.

"Ali... I'm so sorry... I just... I don't know why I hurt you," Adam said, inching closer to me.

I took a big breath and stood up properly, still scared to death.

Adam suddenly rushed up to me and wrapped his arms around me. I needed this. A hug. I didn't care whether it was from Jordan, or Adam, or Obama, I just needed a comforting hug.

I wrapped my arms around him, touching his familiar curly hair.

Suddenly, I heard the door to my bedroom burst open, and in walked Mitch and Jordan. They both suddenly stopped. "ADAM?!" they both yelled at the same time.

Adam turned around, panicking. I saw Mitch grab a nearby textbook that I had used to study for my finals and saw as he was about to hit Adam straight in the temple.

I ran in front of him, extending my arms so I would block the blow. It hit directly on my wrist, and I screamed louder than ever, feeling the still new scars open up even deeper and blood poor out.

"Ali! Are you oka--" I heard Jordan scream, then get cut off when he caught the sight of my wrist. "Ali... you promised..." he whispered. "You promised you wouldn't do this..." while holding onto my arms slightly. By then I had lost a lot of blood.

"Well I've broken too many promises..." I mumbled.

I felt black cloud my eyesight and I heard Mitch yell, "Ali!"

---

I know guys, poopy chapter. I had extreme writer's block, wanted to pull out my hair in frustration! But I wanted to put a chapter up for New Years! Hope you enjoyed!

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny