Chapter Fifteen - The Heartbreak

Chapter Fourteen - The Hearbreak

ALI'S POV

I stepped off of the plane. and I entered the airport, completely jetlagged, and I knew my hair was a mess and the bags under my eyes were clearly visible.

But I didn't care. I just needed to see his face again.

JORDAN'S POV

I shot out of bed and took the quickest shower ever possible. I threw on a plain white t-shirt and basketball shorts and ran out of my new condo that I had just moved into, grabbing my keys.

I hopped into my Mercedes and drove to the Santa Barbara airport as fast as I could.

My hair was still completely wet and I didn't bother about the bags under my eyes due to the fact that I couldn't sleep at all.

But I didn't care, I just needed to see her face again.

ALIS' POV

I sat in the comfortable seat, holding my suitcase and backpack that I had brought with me, and every second, I looked both ways to see if there was any sign of Jordan.

What if he hates me? What if he doesn't show up? What if he doesn't want to see me ever again?

What if he has a girlfriend?

I put my elbows on my knees and my face in my hands and started to shake violently. I knew the tears would spring out of my eyes any moment.

Right after the first tear escaped my eye, I looked up.

And there, standing twenty feet away from me, was Jordan.

I ran up to him, not caring for my luggage even slightly. When I was within ten feet of him, I saw him staring at me, no expression on his face.

I leaped into his arms which were rising from his side and kissed him. I still felt the amazing feeling of the tingling in my toes to the tip of the longest strand of hair.

When my lips touched his, it took him a moment to realize what was happening. I felt hesitation and most of all, resistance in him. But eventually, I felt the tension in him relax, and he started kissing back.

I felt tears running down my face as I felt him squeezing me and lifting me into the air. I heard an old woman speak to someone, most likely her husband, saying, "Look at that reuniting couple."

When we pulled apart,tears were running down my face more than ever and I bursted out in short breaths, "I'm so, so, so very sorry, Jordan... everything... starting from when we met to when I forgot who you were... and to here..."

JORDAN'S POV

I saw Ali running towards me, tears running down her cheeks. She jumped into my arms with such force that I tipped backwards slightly.

Before I could process anything, I felt Ali's lips pressed against mine.

What about Morgan? A voice inside my head said.

I don't care! Another voice yelled back.

Jordan, you have a freaking girlfriend! Why are you doing this?! The first voice yelled again.

I don't care. This is Ali. Just me and her, right now. The voice said softly.

I kissed back and I could feel the tears spilling out of Ali's eyes starting to moisten against my cheeks as well.

When we pulled apart, I could feel Ali shaking, and in short, hiccuping breaths she said, "I'm so, so, so very sorry, Jordan... everything... starting from when we met to when I forgot who you were... and to here..."

I wiped the tears off of Ali's cheek with a swift motion of my right hand. "Come on. Let's go."

ALI'S POV

When we reached Jordan's condo, I couldn't help but be amazed by everything I saw. Automatic windows. Lights on the mirrors in the bathroom. How many families were living here?!

"Jordan, are you back from the airport?" I heard a voice call. I looked at Jordan, confused. I saw him swallow.

"Morgan, come and meet Ali," he said, smiling as a much more beautiful, taller, and in general better girl then me, pop out from the hallway.

I looked at Jordan expectantly. I saw him swallow again, and he said, ""Ali, meet my girlfriend Morgan."

It was like being stabbed in the chest. Hearing the person that you like... No, hearing the person that you love, yes love, saying something like that was horrific.

I felt my throat closing up and I knew I was on the verge of tears popping out of my eyes. "Jordan, can I use your restroom?" I asked, holding a fake smile on my face.

"Sure, it's right there," he said pointing at a nearby door.

I shuffled over to the door and walked in, closing it behind me. I slid down to the floor and I let the tears poor out.

I walked to the mirror and I looked at myself.

I picked out all of my flaws starting from my hair, all the way to my toes. No wonder he chose her over me. No wonder everyone hates me. No wonder no one loves me.

Right then, I heard a knock on the door and Jordan say, "Ali, are you all right? You've been in there a while."

"Um... stomach ache..." I said, slapping myself mentally as I said that.

"Oh. Can I come in?" he said softly.

"Sure," I replied, trying to stop the puffing of my eyes.

Jordan walked in and I felt him wrap his arms around me. "It feels so good to hug you again. You have no idea how much I missed you," he mumbled.

Well, Jordan, remember this hug, because it's probably going to be the last one from me. I thought. It's been two months, you've moved on, and I probably barely cross your mind.

I'm too late.

JORDAN'S POV

It hurt to say it, but I managed to swallow and say, "Ali, meet my girlfriend Morgan."

I looked over at Ali, wondering if she would even react to me having a girlfriend. To see if she even cared.

She just looked at me, smiled, and excused herself to the restroom.

After about ten minutes of waiting for Ali to come out, I knocked on the door and asked if I could come in.

I walked in and I immediately wrapped my arms around her frail body. "It feels so good to hug you again. You have no idea how much I missed you," I said quietly.

I had a feeling that this was the last hug I'll ever get from Ali. She probably already moved on, got a boyfriend, probably Mitch... I thought, anger and hostility burning inside me, and she probably has a whole new life.

I'm too late.

---

A/N okay guys it is 1:30 in the morning in where I live, and I didn't get to put up a chapter because I was soo busy today! I went to the aquarium and holy crapppp I got to touch a shark and a bunch of sting rays! 

But anyways. Can we all just sit back and think. This book has over 350 reads and almost 40 votes. Just like... thank you...

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny