altaïr ibn-la'ahad

( captain america: the winter soldier )

CHLOE FRYE EXITED the apartment, stepping onto the terrace and leaving the dead body behind. The seventeen-year-old scanned the city, observing the lowering sunset and watching as the lights of  DC came to life. Lowering her eyes to the alleyway below, the young woman saw a leather-coated man stare forward with his hands behind his back.

The Assassin jumped from terrace to terrace down to the pavement below, her eyes narrowed and suspicions high. Landing silently, Chloe raised her hood as she stood to her full height, waiting for the man to commence a conversation.

Director Fury turned around, glancing at the young girl. "Lower your hood, Assassin. No one here but you and me."

Reluctantly, she did so, watching him silently. "Director Fury."

"Miss Frye."

Eyes narrowed, Chloe watched as Fury pulled a file out of his coat. "I don't suppose you came here for a quick conversation."

Chuckling, Fury handed the file to the young Assassin. Chloe glanced at the Director before opening the file. Within in it held pictures of a ship, titled the Lemurian Star. Files concerning the ship littered the file, all capturing the attention of the Frye descendant. What really caught her attention, however, was the name of a Templar she had been trying to track down for weeks, Beckett Jones. He was infamous at the compound for murder and genocide of innocents.

"What do you want me to do?" Chloe asked, snapping the file shut and glancing up.

"I need you to help a couple agents of mine. Colleagues, if you will."

"When do I start?"

Chloe stood in the corner of the Quinjet, observing as Natasha Romanoff and Steve Rogers were being informed of the STRIKE Team's battle plan. She, however, already knew of the mission and her mission alone. Although she was covered mainly by her hood and the shadows of the jet, those factors didn't stop the curious glances she was receiving from the two Avengers and everyone on the jet.

"Target is a mobile satellite launch platform, the Lemurian Star." Brock Rumlow stated. "They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them ninety-three minutes ago."

"Any demands?" Rogers asked.

"Billion and a half."

"Why so steep?" Steve questioned.

"Because it's SHIELD's." Rumlow declared.

"So it's not off course." Steve decided. "It's trespassing."

"I'm sure they have a good reason." Natasha defended.

Chloe listened on from the shadows, a small smirk resting on her features. Turning around to the table behind her and readying her equipment, the Assassin put in her earpiece, connecting it to her own channel. Turning it on, the girl spoke. "Check channel eight?"