arno dorian

( captain america: the winter soldier )

NATASHA'S TRACKER LED Chloe to a quaint, little house in DC. She'd been observing the neighborhood for about thirty minutes, scoping out the area until it fitted her standards. It was what she thought, a perfect neighborhood for an ex-Pararescue. At least, that's what Sam Wilson's resume called him. 

She landed in front of the door, her hood raised over her head. Chloe knocked and waited, fully aware Natasha and Steve would be suspicious of everything. However, knocking on a door filled with two ex-soldiers, while two happen to be a super-soldier, and a spy, while all are on edge?

Probably not her smartest move.

Especially when she came face-to-face with a gun as the door opened. She raised her hands, smirking as she did so. "If it helps, I come in peace."

Natasha sighed, lowering the gun and gesturing for the teenager to enter. She nodded in greeting and followed the older woman into the house's kitchen. Chloe then repeated her previous gesture to Steve, who smiled slightly in return. "Gave us quite the scare, kid."

Chloe scoffed, her smirk still evident under the hood. "Kept you on your toes, didn't it?"

Natasha passed the Frye and sat on the counter. She gestured for Chloe to take off the hood, seeing as everyone in the room was trustworthy. The Assassin nodded her head in Sam's direction, asking the silent question. Was he trustworthy?

Natasha nodded, and, as Chloe lowered her hood, spoke again. "So, the question is, who at SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?"

Steve spoke from his spot at the kitchen table. "Pierce."

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world," Natasha added.

"But he's not working alone." Steve included. "Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star."

Chloe raised an eyebrow. If they were talking about who she was thinking about, then shouldn't this Zola be dead? She spoke her thoughts. "I thought Arnim Zola was dead."

Natasha waved a dismissing hand. "So was Jasper Sitwell."

"So, the real question is, how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve asked. Sam, who left in the middle of the conversation, came back with a file in hand.

"The answer is, you don't," Sam stated, setting the file on the table.

"What's this?" Steve questioned, opening the manila folder.

"Call it a resume."

Natasha walked over to the pair and picked up a picture. "Is this Bakhamla? The Khalid Khandi mission, that was you? You didn't say he was a Pararescue."