claudia auditore

( captain america: civil war )

  ★

"OKAY, TAKE A left right... now."

Chloe, her white hood up, followed her cousin's directions to find the people who were taken― kidnapped?― by the government. Her eyes were glued to the floor, avoiding all questioning eyes.

The Assassin avoided the cameras, finding their blind spot or just dodging them in general. She really didn't need to hide governmental bodies in closets like the last time she snuck into a government base. 

Long story.

Turn after turn led her to memorize the layout of the building. Eventually, she found the room where Sam's and Steve's trackers led her to. It was a big room, with screens towards the front of it and a conference center in the middle. She saw Sam, Steve, and Natasha, yet none seemed to notice her yet. Nobody noticed her presence, actually.

The joys of Assassin training.

She tapped her earpiece, whispering to avoid attention. "I'm here. Did you install the buzzer to the trackers?"

She heard Alex trying on a keyboard. "Your lack of faith in me is astounding sometimes."

She rolled her eyes, scanning the room for possible danger, her back straight. "Just do it, please."

Chloe saw as Steve and Sam flinched slightly, not enough to draw attention. Steve was in the conference room with a man, Tony Stark, and Sam, who was standing near the monitors. They both scanned the room from different viewpoints, both landing on a quiet Assassin who stood by the doorway. As Sam approached her, she nodded to Steve, who looked unable to leave.

"Glad you came," Sam said, leading her over to the monitors. "Was that you, with the buzzer?"

The Assassin smirked, nodding. "Had to get your attention somehow."

She looked over the screens, her eyes finding the one with Bucky. "How's he holding up?"

"Don't know. Haven't been able to talk since the whole car chase." Sam said, shrugging. "Police put him in that holding cell, loaded him in a separate car."

"Sounds like they think he's an animal," Chloe muttered, disapproval lacing her voice. "Who was the cat dude?"

"T'Challa, the prince of―"

"―Wakanda?" she cut him off, her gaze settling on the sitting man. "I've heard of him. Saved his life, once."

Sam smiled, glancing down at her. "Does he know that?"