rebecca crane

( assassin's creed syndicate )

★ 

CHLOE SAT AGAINST the door of the warehouse the three Assassins were staying in. Her bow and quiver were resting against the teenager's lap as she looked into the dark night before her. 

The partner of the burner phone she gave Steve Rogers sat to her left, stationary, and it was driving her insane. It felt like the events in DC were years behind her, even if it was simply months ago. 

She closed her eyes momentarily before shaking herself awake. Except, she wasn't in the same room anymore. Groaning, the young woman sat herself down on the cobblestone pathway, watching her ancestors become knighted. 

She smiled when Queen Victoria spoke. "Arise. I invest you all in the Order of the Sacred Garter."

"Ah," Chloe mumbled to herself. "Shaun would faint if he got to witness this."

 "Thank you, your Majesty," Evie spoke. 

"If you are as adept as Mr. Abberline implies, I may call on you."

Jacob smirked. "Sargent Abberline tends to exaggerate, your Majesty."

"We shall meet again." the Queen declared. "And Miss Frye?"

"Ma'am?"

"Should you want it, I saved you some cake."

The two women chuckled as the Queen stepped into her carriage. Chloe observed as her ancestor gestured goodbye to his friend and the carriage drive off.

The modern Assassin felt as if she was imposing on a personal moment as Evie stepped up to Jacob. She wished her subconscious could show her where the actual Shroud of Eden was located, instead of showing her the after-effects of the fight. 

"Father would be proud of you."

Jacob hummed. "Dame Evie Frye."

She smiled. "Sir Jacob Frye."

"Race you to the train?"

"You're on."

The young woman jumped, her own personal phone going off. She grabbed it quickly, glancing at the screen.

Smiling faintly, she answered the phone. "Ghostbusters talking, how may we help you?"

"Haha, Chloe, very funny."