shay cormac

( avengers: infinity war )

CHLOE WONDERED IF morale was always lifted when Thor entered any kind of battle.

However, despite the fact that their team had a literal Norse god on their side― Alex would've had a field day with him― the forces conspiring against them still had the upper hand.

The woman, Bucky, and the raccoon stood back to back, the former assassin and raccoon shooting their guns while Chloe hacked and slashed at the dogs that came a little too close for comfort.

"Come and get some, space dogs!"

Said space dogs barreled and snarled at them, only stopping to bite them or fall from lack of brain activity.

If they had brains.

"Chloe, duck!"

From years of practice, the Assassin hit the dirt and glanced up, watching bullets fire and bodies drop. Hearing the bullets stop, the woman rolled over and shoved the sword into the chest of a dog about to jump Barnes. Standing up, Chloe examined the dead space dogs with a nod of approval, slashing the very much alive animals charging at them.

"How much for the gun?"

"Not for sale."

"Okay, how much for the arm?"

Chloe snorted, doing a barrel roll to end the life of her last space dog in the area.

"Oh, I'll get that arm."

Standing up, the Assassin saw blue pulse across her vision, heavy reds filling the Wakandan grass with steady blues in the thick of it. But right across a small river of space dogs, charging right at her was a swirling mix of red and gold.

Her eyes widened and the woman dropped to the dirt a second time. She did a push-up to launch herself back into the air, spinning around with her drawn sword to see Rams with a crazy look in her eye.

The alien growled fiercely, banging her sword against her shield. "I'll kill you, you female scum!"

Chloe sighed heavily, quickly scanning the area for some sort of ally― human or not, at this point― and spotted, finding Natasha and Okoye holding their own a few meters away.

If only she could get to―

―Chloe had to duck as a flying shield flew right where her head once was. Throwing her sword up, the clang that sounded as alien steel met vibranium vibrated through the air and her bones. Gritting her teeth, the woman duck and rolled away, standing with her back against Natasha's.