henry green

( captain america: civil war )

TWO WEEKS LATER...

CHLOE TOOK A breath, drawing back her string. If it wasn't for the music blaring from the speakers, the target room would've been so quiet, one could hear a pin drop. Lifting the bow, she took a deep breath, her focus aiming in on the middle of her target.

She let the string lose as soon as the music stopped playing. The young girl lowered her bow, the satisfying sight of a clean bullseye making her smirk. Setting the bow down and walking over to pluck the arrow out, Chloe's mind was clear for the first time in a few weeks.

That is until her hand hesitated before grabbing the arrow.

She grabbed the arrow and flicked it with her finger, before whipping around and launching it at the figure behind her.

Scott Lang immediately ducked, his hands flying to his head. "Jesus!"

Chloe scowled, walking over and turning off her music. The room grew quiet, save for Scott's grumbling, as all waited for one to speak.

The Assassin took the opportunity first. "What the hell are you all doing here?"

"Uh," Sam spoke, spreading his arms out. "Surprise?"

"No!" the teenager burst. "Not a surprise! How did you even get here?"

Wanda Maximoff peeked out from behind the taller man, smiling at the slightly younger girl. "That was me. I shared the coordinates you gave me with Sam and Steve."

Cooling off, the young Frye stepped back, taking in the faces before her. Scott Lang, Sam Wilson, and Wanda Maximoff stood before her. She suddenly noticed the lack of the other three. "Where are the others?"

"Wakanda," Wilson spoke, his arms crossed. "Steve is helping Barnes hideout, and Barton went back home."

"Why'd he send you three back?"

Lang glanced at the other two before speaking. "I wanted to make sure the police didn't use my daughter for leverage, Steve sent Sam as a lookout―"

"―And I didn't want to stay," Wanda spoke, arms also crossed. "Wakanda, however nice, brought back too many memories."

The Assassin nodded. "How'd you get in?"

"Alexander, your cousin," Sam smirked while adding the last part.

Chloe glared at him while Lang spoke. "Yeah, we'd probably be dog chow if he didn't save our asses."