wang yangming

( captain america: civil war )

CHLOE SAT PERCHED on top of the airport, her sharp eyes scanning the perimeter. Her job, while also to provide assistance to her teammates if necessary, was to make sure innocents didn't get in the way of the fight.

Steve had paired his team up with partners; himself and Scott, Bucky and Sam, Wanda and Clint. He wanted to put the teenager with his two best friends, but she refused. Chloe knew they were reliant on each other, but the Assassin wanted to work alone for this mission.

Chloe didn't want the responsibility of looking after a potential teammate.

She subconsciously fiddled with her hidden blade, the weight of her earpiece somewhat annoying. The teenager felt the technology crackle slightly in her ear, making her wince at the small pain.

Focusing on the battle below her, the young girl witnessed Steve run out into the runway and towards the chopper. However, the young girl glared at the sight of Iron Man shooting the getaway vehicle with an electromagnetic pulse, throwing their plan out the metaphorical window.

Iron Man and the War Machine dropped down in front of Rogers, the former addressing the Captain first, his helmet shrinking back mid-sentence. "Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?"

"Definitely weird." War Machine commented.

"Hear me out, Tony." Steve started. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

Chloe watched as the Black Panther jumped out, landing in the midst of the conversation. Her hand instinctively tightened around her bow, her nerves and instincts kicking in. 

"Captain." T'Challa greeted.

"Your Highness," Steve responded. 

"Anyway," Tony started, "Ross gave me thirty-six hours to bring you in. That was twenty-four hours ago. Can you help a brother out?"

Steve didn't miss a beat. "You're after the wrong guy."

"Your judgment is askew." Stark shot back. "Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday―"

"―And there are five more super soldiers just like him," Steve reported. "I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

"Steve, you know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?"

The appearance of the Black Widow startled the Assassin, but something deep inside her figured Natasha wouldn't be on the Captain's side. In some weird way, Chloe understood Nat's need to stay on the good side of the law. Who knows what would've happened to her reputation if she sided with her and Steve.

Steve's attention turned from Natasha to Tony, who looked up at the small forming group. "All right, I've run out of patience. Underoos!"

Out of seemingly nowhere, a figure flipped out from the sky and shot a web at Steve's shield, capturing said object, tying Steve up, and landing behind the Tony and Rhodey. "Nice job kid."