shaun hastings

( assassin's creed syndicate )

★ 

"I'VE GOT PICTURE. ETA on the payload?"

"Sending it now."

Chloe watched next to Rebecca as she sent Bishop the file and as Shaun fought an imaginary Templar. She rolled her eyes and continued to play with the arrow in her hand. She wished her cousin was with her, but Bishop made him stay back to observe the feed coming from the drones.

"A lot to sift through. I'm going to get the initiates on it ASAP."

Rebecca turned to Shaun and the screen behind Isabelle Ardant's desk. "You look weird with a weapon."

As he straightened up, Rebecca started messing with the computer. "Let's plant a bug and see what we can see!"

Chloe turned around and sat on the Templar's desk, watching as the two older Assassins did their job. She watched as the files uploaded onto the screen, Jacob and Evie's name making an appearance on the list of Assassins.

"Got something. Isabelle Ardant has a meeting here in a few hours. Doesn't say with who."

"'Doesn't say with whom,' Rebecca. And I supposed it's down to muggins here to find out." Shaun corrected.

"Hold on, the mission was to find data to locate a Piece of Eden in London."

"We did," Chloe spoke, glancing up at the screen.

"And now," Shaun said, turning to his companions, "I am eager to try this new kit!"

Rebecca rolled her eyes as Chloe smiled, her new hidden blade feeling cool against her skin.

 ★ 

The eighteen-year-old stood in between Rebecca and Shaun as the planted explosives on the window sill and the desk. Her bow was in hand and equipped with an arrow, ready to defend the two adults that quickly had become like family.

A door slammed shut behind the three. Exchanging glances, Shaun went to hide behind one bookshelf as Rebecca pulled herself and Chloe behind another.

"Call Doctor Gramática."

The screen obeyed, and soon a picture of the Templar Doctor displayed onscreen. "Isabelle! What a lovely surprise."

"Our mutual friends will be here shortly to search for the artifact. Once it's located, I'll let you know."

"Super! Always a pleasure."

As the on-screen call ended, the three Assassins stepped out from behind the bookcases and stood behind Ardant.

"Prick."

As Isabelle turned around, Chloe raised a pointed arrow at her face. She stood in the middle of the two older adults, who had their electrifying hidden blades activated.

Shaun pointed at the female Templar. "It's people like you who give historians a bad name!"

The lady eyed Chloe's arrow. "I'm afraid I don't have time for you today, Mr. Hastings."

"Thank you for making my job easy." Otso Berg, a master Templar, and leader of the Sigma Team said.

Chloe rolled her eyes at the gun pointed at their heads and put her arrow back in her quiver, lowering her bow. The three held up their hands in a sign of surrender.

"Oh, shit."

"It does look grim."

"Master Berg, Agent da Costa. Deal with them, please."

Rebecca discreetly armed the explosives as the agent yelled at them. "Move it!"

They didn't. As the explosion went off, Shaun, Rebecca, and Chloe leaped off the side of the building into the streets below.

"Hunt them down!"

♛ 

Chloe sat behind the two older adults on some crates as Rebecca turned on the third drone Lucy. She was sharpening her arrows with a blank face. She was pretty sure she rolled her ankle off the leap down.

Rebecca examined a scratch on Shaun's face when Bishop started speaking. "Thank God you're alright."

"Oh tish tosh, it'll take more than a Templar super soldier to end the glorious saga of Shaun "Danger" Hastings!" Shaun bragged.

"Literally no one calls you that," Chloe said from her spot on the crates.

"I was talking to Rebecca and Chloe."

"Anyway, Berg's presence confirms it. The Piece of Eden is in London." Shaun said as Rebecca sat down next to him.

"The Initiate's data synch suggests it's the Shroud."

Rebecca opened the disinfectant bottle and looked towards the camera. "The Templars seem to want it pretty bad all of a sudden."

"Yeah," Chloe continued, glancing up from her arrows. "they must know something we don't."

"The only thing we know is we can't go up against Sigma Team alone."

"Leave that to me," Bishop spoke. Shaun winced at the touch of the alcohol pad when she continued. "In the meantime, keep a low profile. Let the initiate continue to sync the data."

The three Assassins looked at the camera as it turned off.

Shaun is me, I am Shaun, we are one in that gif.

these chapters are going to be short because the amount of modern day cut-scenes in AC Syndicate is at a minimal. I'm trying to get three chapters in this little part.

you'll see why ;)

on another hand, I am now obsessed with Dear Evan Hansen. Can't stop me now.

updated: 3/9/18

lol I'm still Shaun in that gif

peace,

aidan.