ezio auditore da firenze

( captain america: the winter soldier )

"DIRECTOR FURY, YOU wanted to speak with me?"

The sounds of cars and guns hit Chloe's ears, making the girl sit up straighter. She was at her home that she shared with her cousin in the middle of DC, re-sharpening her arrows, sword, and blade.

"Fury?"

"Get to Rogers and Romanoff immediately. SHIELD is compromised, I repeat, SHIELD is compromised!"

Hearing the line drop, Chloe snapped her head to see her cousin standing next to her, his tablet in hand, with a confused look. "What was that?"

"I don't know," Chloe admitted. "Something about SHIELD being..."

The seventeen-year-old trailed off, hearing a creak and seeing the shadows under her front door. Stepping forward to investigate, the woman grabbed her red arrow for defense. She stopped suddenly when she heard the sound of boots and the unmistakable sound of a gun cocking. Sharing a panicked look at Alex, she grabbed her phone and shoved her cousin down. "Get down!"

Not even a second later, the apartment shared by Chloe Frye and Alexander Green was diminished by the thousands of bullets hitting the furniture and walls. Chloe covered her body with a chair, Alexander doing the same, but also holding his tablet above his head.

When the bullets stopped, Chloe raised her head with slight fear in her eyes.

Were they HYDRA or Templars? It concerned her that she had to ask.

Hearing the door burst open, Chloe nodded her head to Alex, silently telling him to be quiet. Grabbing her quiver, bow, and blade, the young Assassin peeked over the table and observed as the agents piled into the now-destroyed apartment, probably trying to see if the two Assassins were still alive.

Handing a spare knife to Alex, Chloe raised an arrow at an unsuspecting agent, seeing the red octopus logo on the side of their uniforms. She fired and watched as his body dropped with a thud. Ducking behind the table, Chloe grabbed the knife Alex held out for her. After shooting it at the neck of another agent, she turned to see the remaining three agents looking at the two dead bodies. Firing an explosive arrow at their heads, Chloe successfully drew their attention to her. She fired another arrow at an agent before rising to her height. She launched her body across the table, snapping a man's neck and slicing the throat of the second man.

Panting slightly, she faced her cousin. "Alex, toss me my phone."

Complying, Chloe caught her phone and dialed the second most called contact. Putting the phone to her ear, she spoke when the other person picked up. "Shaun? Yeah, tell everyone I'm gonna be out with SHIELD for a while."

Walking into the hospital, Chloe scanned the area with careful eyes, observing the many "SHIELD" agents. Not knowing if they were who they said they were, she treaded carefully through the halls of the hospital Fury's body was being revived in.

Finding the observing room and quickly pulling up her jacket's hood, Chloe crept into the room that held Natasha Romanoff, Steve Rogers, and Maria Hill. Hill, being the only one who acknowledged her presence, nodded at the seventeen-year-old, who nodded in return.

"Tell me about the shooter," Natasha demanded.

"He's fast, strong," Steve provided. "had a metal arm."

Chloe perked at the mention of the shooter. Metal arm? Fast and strong? Was it the ghost she heard so much about at the compound? Only one was to find out. She brought out her phone, texting her cousin.

"Can you pull up the security footage from when Fury had his accident?"

"Are we related?"

"Fair enough."

"Ballistics?" the red-headed Assassin asked.

"Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable." Hill replied.

"Soviet made." Natasha declared.

Sparing a glance at the female Avenger, Maria answered her. "Yeah."

The doctors and nurses in the operating room began to rush around the room, drawing Chloe's attention. Seeing the defibrillator being whipped out, she lowered her head to see the tiled floors below her.

"Don't do this to me, Nick," Natasha spoke softly. "Don't do this to me, Nick. Don't do this to me."

Not sparing a peek at the dying man in front of her, she sighed softly. Requiescat in pace.

Chloe stood in front of Steve, but still behind a silently grieving Natasha. She waited patiently for Natasha to leave so she could inspect the body of Nick Fury.

"I need to take him." Chloe caught Hill say quietly to Steve.

"Natasha," Steve called.

When receiving no answer, the young Frye approached Natasha. Placing a hand on her shoulder, Chloe nodded reassuringly to Natasha who glanced at her curiously. The older assassin placed her hand against Fury's forehead before storming out of the room, Steve following her.

Chloe lowered her hood and looked at the dead body of Nick. Something was poking at her, a feeling of sorts. Grabbing Fury's wrist, the seventeen-year-old waited patiently for some sign of life.

She smiled when she felt a beat. Although it was small, it was still a sign that he was alive.

"Oh, Nick." she sighed. "You and your secrets."

Stopping in front of Maria, the young woman pulled up her hood. "Don't worry, I won't tell. I do keep secrets for a living."

Maria glanced at the floor and smiled. "For a teenager, you are smarter than most. I'm guessing you know how Fury wanted you to help Romanoff and Rogers?"

"Yeah," she replied. "But, I still don't understand why he thinks they need my help. We Assassins prefer to stay in the shadows."

"SHIELD is used to certain ways, tactics if you will. He thought if you helped them, they'd get a new perspective on other ways of engaging on a target. Plus, he figured it wouldn't kill those two to have an ally in the Brotherhood."

Smiling, the teenager left the hospital and Hill, figuring out a way to help the two but still not expose the entire Brotherhood to two unsuspecting Avengers.

YES, HI, HELLO, WE HAVE OVER 200 READS, WHAAAAAATTTT

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH

Also, HAMILTON'S A THING. I'M OBSESSED, I HAVE A PROBLEM

My favorite song is either My Shot, Alexander Hamilton, or The Schuyler Sisters

Also, the sass Hamilton has in Farmer Refuted is inspiring, truly and utterly inspiring and sarcastic

edited: 2/24/18

still cringing lmao. btw, we're at 7.7K reads now, which past me never dreamed of reaching. thank you all muchly ;)

peace,

aidan.