7.

"Live with me?" I asked him, my eyes widened. Why all of a sudden? He didn't even tell me in advance that he was coming.

"My mom spoke with yours...."

So my mother didn't tell me. She didn't even think about telling her own daughter. I clenched my fists in frustration.

I turned to leave, but Nathan grabbed my wrist. "Look, please don't be mad. I've been wanting to come. At least be happy. You're happy to see me, at least, right?" He asked me, and I turned to look at him.

"Nathan, I'm happy. I'm delighted to see you. But the one thing that bugs me the most is to be left out. You know that," I explained and he nodded slowly, sighing.

"I understand. How about we go inside and talk about it some more?" He suggested and I took a deep breath before agreeing.

We went inside, hauling his suitcases in and putting them in the living room. We went to the kitchen and I gave him a glass of water. We sat down at the table, across from each other, possibly filled with things to say to each other.

"Why do you even want to be here?" I asked him, only finding those words to say. He took a sip of water and then sighed.

"Well, to be honest, I really didn't understand myself either. But I figured, since you're here, everything will turn out for the better. You can help me and I can help you," he explained and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Nathan, I'm going to be completely honest with you... I think what you've done is really stupid."

His expression didn't change after hearing my blunt remark. He just shrugged his shoulders and took another sip of water.

"Call me stupid, call me foolish, call me whatever comes to mind. But I wanted to escape that place, Kimberly. I think my mom saw how desperate I was to get away from there. Everyone knows me as the kid who was abandoned by his father."

"Nathan, I--"

"I'm tired of being there. Weren't you tired too? How could those people be so cruel? I feel as if this city is much more alive. And I get to be with you."

I smiled sadly as I grabbed his hand. "Okay, Nathan... I see. But you'll be sleeping in the living room," I told him as I stood up and went to my room. I locked the door behind me.

I buried my face in my hands as I leaned up against the door, and slid my back down against it until I was sitting on the floor. I slowly closed my eyes, feeling drowsy.

***

When I opened my eyes, it was dark and I saw the moon shining through my blinds on my window. I stood up and I looked toward my desk and saw papers on it. "Aww...crap, my essay....and it's due tomorrow," I groan as I trudge to my chair and sit down.

My back hurt from napping against the wall. I got used to napping sitting down, because when my parents used to fight, I would sneak out of the house and run to the woods. I wouldn't go very far, but I would climb up a tree and sit in it, and cry until I fell asleep.

I would usually nap for about an hour or two, and when I would get back, my parents wouldn't even ask where I was. And when I did get back, only one of them was there, sometimes none.

My essay is my own personal opinion. He wants us to write some thoughts about this Shakespeare's play, that I didn't even bother to read because I don't really like Shakespeare. I don't even know what I'm doing, but I know I'm definitely going to get an F.

There was a soft knock on the door and then Nathan entered. "What?" I asked as I was writing a sentence, not even sure if it's a correct sentence.

"Your mom isn't home," he stated and I just sighed.

"So?"

"It's 10:00," he added and I chuckled, shaking my head.

"She comes home even later than that. She's rarely home at 10:00. She did that back home," I explained, not realized I used the word home. But it was natural, because I lived there my entire life.

"I've known you for so long, how come I never knew that?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"You never bothered to ask things about my parents, only if I thought they would stay together," I answered as I stared at the words on my paper.

"Kim-"

"Nathan, is tomorrow your first day of school?" I asked, cutting him off. I stood to my feet and I walked to my nightstand, turning my lamp on, just realizing I was working in the dark.

I saw the mess of my words on my essay. Some weren't even between the lines.

"Probably. I still need to enroll and take care of the paperwork and everything," he said and I looked over at him.

"You're not even a legal adult yet," I reminded him and he sighed.

"That's why I need to talk to your mom, but I didn't know she got home so late."

"I'll sign for you," I told him and he looked at me with a weird look. "What...?"

"I always forgot you're older than me..."

"How can you forget? Remember? I also ended up doing everything for you." I chuckled and then patted his shoulder.

"Can this be the last time?" He asked, his expression and tone serious. I was a bit startled.

"W-What? W-Why?" I wondered and he looked away from me.

"I... I want to start doing things for you."

I couldn't tell if his cheeks were red or not, because the light of the lamp shone dimly on his face.

I laughed and then pulled him into a hug. "I don't know about that. You're still not an adult," I teased as I pinched his cheeks, and he slapped my hands away.

He grabbed my waist and then started tickling me. "I still know your weakness though," he said with a laugh.

"S-Stop!" I couldn't breathe and I ended up falling on the bed. He got on top and continued tickling me.

After a little while longer, it came to a stop and we both sighed, laying next to each other, on my small twin sized bed.

"Remember, we always used to sleep in each other's beds together..." He spoke quietly, and I sighed.

"Yeah... Our mothers bathed us together and made us do everything together."

"We hated each other so much," he added.

"I still do," I teased and he raised his hand.

"Don't make me do it again," he warned, jokingly and I shook my head.

"N-No!"

He bursted out laughing and I flicked him in the head.

"Thanks.." He said as I got sleepy all of a sudden.

"You're....welcome," I responded as I yawned and my eyes gradually closed.

××××××××××××××××××

Well. This one is okay.

Thanks for reading guys :)

It'd be a great way to show your support if you would vote and comment on this story.

And vote, for more stories from me :D

Thank you all.

~Bethany<3