21.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as they shoved me into a black SUV. When I got in there, I saw a tall skinny, blonde guy sitting in the backseat. It was one of the other guys Ryan hung out with.

"Sorry, I didn't want to do this," he told me as soon as the two of us were the only two in the vehicle.

"Then, why?"

He was about to answer my question, but the two other guys got in.

"Don't worry, Ryan's girl. You'll see," the driver said to me, answering my question from earlier. I closed my eyes, hoping to myself this was just a dream, a nightmare that I would wake up from.

But the longer I was stuck in the car, the more I came to a realization that these could be my last moments alive. I was breaking out in cold sweat and I tried to calm myself, but I felt my breaths getting shorter and quicker.

"We're not going to kill you, but we are considering it...." The passenger confessed, then the two laughed. I looked over to the blonde guy next to me, but he kept his head lowered and his fingers intertwined in his lap.

If they are considering killing me, whatever. If they don't, I'm pretty sure my mother will. "What will you gain by doing this?" I asked them, and they laughed again.

"There are people who want Ryan to suffer, and are willing to pay for it. And sometimes, those people's names are Isaiah Winchester." The passenger turned back to look at me, and smirked when he saw my eyes.

My eyes were wide, and I could hear ringing in my ears. Isaiah Winchester? Mr. Winchester? Ryan's father? Mrs. Winchester's husband? That Isaiah Winchester? It...It can't be him.

We reached this giant, empty plot of land. It stretched out for probably miles, and all there were were dry plants, sand and tumbleweeds. There was a chair, right smack in the middle and rope rolled up and placed on the seat.

I was guessing that was for me.

The two guys got down, and the driver was the one to pull me out, roughly, and pushed me hard. I stumbled, and tripped, falling to the ground. He picked me up by my hair and dragged me to the chair.

When he grabbed the rope and sat me down, I tried to make a run for it, but he had a tight grip on my hair and pulled me back. He punched me in the face and I yelped in pain.

"Just sit there, bitch. You're making things harder for yourself," he said as he grabbed the rope and tied me to the chair.

The longer I stared at him, the more he felt familiar. But I couldn't tell under the black mask he was wearing.

"I'll be right back, Ryan's girl." He walked over to the blonde guy, who looked really nervous. He handed him a phone and then said something to the blonde guy.

"You won't get away with this! Justin!" I yelled out and all I saw was him turning around and smirking at me, before my head was covering by a bag.

***

"Kimberly! Kimberly!"

I looked up quickly at the sound of Ryan's voice. I wish I could see him, but all I could see is the color of the bag and the light of the sun shining down.

"Marc, you piece of shit!" Ryan shouted. I could hear how pissed off he was. It honestly scared me.

All I could hear was the sound of feet scraping across the dirt and grunts. I knew exactly what was happening. They were fighting.

"Stop! Stop! Marc was the one who called! He did everything! Why are you fighting me?!" The other guy yelled out before he yelped in pain.

"H-He's lying! Justin m-made me do this!" It was the blonde guy's voice.

"Justin? Yeah, right! He's my brother, he would never do this to me," Ryan replied.

"Ryan! He's right!" I shouted and the bag was removed from my head. It was the other, who had a bloody face and he glared at me. Under his jacket, he held a gun.

"Say it again, and I will shoot you," he whispered to me, threatening me as he moved the gun around in his hand. I had two options, and I was running out of time.

Ryan stood there, confused and angry. He glanced between all of us and he clenched his fists even tighter.

"Are you seriously telling me Justin did this? And you?" He pointed at me and then grabbed his hair in frustration. "Did they tell you to say that? 'Cause I know Justin wouldn't do this to me."

"Ryan--" I was going to explain, but he cut me off.

He shook his head quickly. "Shut up! Everyone shut up!" He screamed out and we all looked at him. He suddenly pulled out a gun from under his shirt and then pointed it at me.

I sucked in a sharp breath as I stared at him. He kept the gun at me and turned towards the guy next to me.

"If I kill her, you'll be next," Ryan said to him and the guy backed away from me. Ryan turned to the blonde guy and glared at him. "If you didn't do it, then why didn't you warn me?"

"I... They took my phone away from me, and took my gun! What was I supposed to do?"

"Tell, who is behind all of this?" Ryan asked and my heart started to pound faster.

If he knew it was his father, he'll be crushed even more. I saw Nathan pull up in his car.

"What the fuck are you doing, Ryan?!" Nathan screamed out after he got out of his car. He ran towards Ryan and wrestled with him to grab the gun.

I struggled in the chair, trying to loosen the rope from my hands and legs. Then, I felt the cold metal of the gun touch my temple. I suddenly froze and I closed my eyes.

"Hey, dipshits. Better stop before I blow her brains out," the guy threatened to Ryan and Nathan.

"Get the hell away from her!!!" Nathan yelled out.

I heard a gun shot, and the guy next to me fell to the ground. I opened my eyes and looked over to see him lying on his side, in the growing pool of blood underneath him.

"Let's get you out of here," Nathan said as he cut the rope with his pocket knife.

"Thank you," I whispered, my throat feeling dry and lips were cracked. He didn't bother making me stand up, he just scooped me up in his arms and walked back towards his car.

Ryan just looked at us both. I glanced towards the blonde guy, and I did my best to telepathically tell him not to tell Ryan about his father. He just nodded slowly as we stared at each other before I was put in the backseat of the car.

On the ride home, Nathan was quiet majority of it. Whenever he asked me something, I would ignore him.

"I don't want you near that guy anymore."

"Nathan, you can't tell me what to do..."

"He pointed a fucking gun at you! Are you stupid?!"

"He was helping me!" I yelled back and Nathan swerved quickly, pulling over by the curb.

"Kimberly. Get the hell out of my car."

"What?"

"I said, get the hell out of my car."

××××××××××××××××××××××

This chapter was a little hectic. But I wanted to add some drama and stuff....and stuff....

So I hope you enjoyed it, and not getting annoyed of it.

But hopefully I'll be getting to Ryan's backstory.

Thanks for reading. Because of you, this is #980 in Teen Fiction. :)

~Bethany<3