2: 20.

I stared at David as he uncomfortably shifted in his seat across from Ryan and I. We were all gathered at a local restaurant sitting in a booth. I held Ryan's hand underneath the table and I held a light smile on my face while Ryan's face remained serious. "Before we get to any of the serious talk," I started, trying to kill the awkward silence as I sipped on my lemonade, "David, tell us what you like to do on your free time."

"Kimberly, there's—" Ryan tried to say something, but I squeezed his hand really hard and he shut his mouth. David turned his attention to me and then he cleared his throat.

"Well, I don't really do much. I'm really into art at the moment. Like sketching and painting, I haven't tried sculpting yet but I hear it's fun," David answered and I nodded my head slowly, leaning in a little bit, just to show some interest and keep things lighthearted.

"Wow, you seem like a careful and sincere guy," I told him as I took another sip of my lemonade. "Nothing like your father," I grinned and he shook his head.

"Well, yes. It's amazing how neither Ryan nor I have turned out to be complete assholes," he chuckled slightly and I nodded with a smile.

"You're right. Not yet, anyways," I commented as I turned to look at Ryan. He gave me a sarcastic smile and almost rolled his eyes but I could tell he held himself back. "Listen, we came here because we need your help. And it's regarding your father."

"Listen, I don't really want to take part of what you guys are doing. Count me out," he said with a sigh as he stood up.

"Sit down," Ryan told him. When David ignores him, Ryan grew angry. "David, we have unfinished business here!"

"David.. please. Lives are at stake here. Even yours, even if you don't really think so," I told him and he turned to look at me. "I mean, you guys both lost your mother.." Then, I realized that I just said something I wasn't really supposed to. I immediately looked down and felt both their gazes on me.

"Wait." Ryan asked as he grabbed my arm. "Kimberly, what did you mean by that?"

"Um, I didn't say anything. Anyways, David, please help us," I said as I looked back up again and David continued to stare at me with a confused look. I slid out of the booth and I stood to my feet. "Let me just use the restroom.." I tried to leave but David grabbed my wrist.

"'Our mother'. What the hell does that mean?" David's mood turned to anger, and I felt almost intimidated by it.

"I, uh.. well, I didn't want to tell you guys but you both deserve to know the truth.. you guys don't share the same father. You share the same mother," I told them and they both glanced at each other. "Your father stole a wife from a sweet old man. Timothy Bradley. Does that ring a bell?"

"I remember him from when I was a little boy..." David said in a low voice. Ryan came up next to me and grabbed the same arm that David's hand was still gripping.

"Mr. Bradley is Ryan's father. Isaiah is your father," I told David.

"I still don't get why he loved you more than me, even though I was his biological child. He even tried giving you his company," David spoke as he turned to Ryan. I wasn't sure if I sensed a hint of jealousy, but his anger was still there.

"I don't know, but you should get your hand off my girl," Ryan said and David released his grip from my wrist and Ryan pulled me behind him. "Look, whatever happened in the past, happened. He's a shitty guy, and definitely a shitty father. Even if he treated me better than you, he still didn't treat me nicely. And so what he wants me to inherit his company? Do you want it instead?"

David stayed silent and Ryan sighed. I touched his shoulder gently, but he didn't respond. "Well.. you guys clearly know what you have to do, don't you? You have to take down Isaiah Winchester. He may have cancer, but it's still not stopping him from committing more crimes. He has my mother. He's done something to my best friend. Even if you guys can't find common ground, please do it for me. A request. I'm begging you." I pleaded with them both. But it was more directed toward David.

David nodded slowly before he rubbed his face with his hand. "Alright.. I'm in. But, I have my girl back home. Is there any way we can leave her out of it?"

I sadly shook my head. "Once you oppose your father, he will definitely become your enemy. And he will do what he can to make sure to ruin your life. Which means, he'll go for who and what you love the most."

"There's no way—"

"David." I stepped forward from behind Ryan. "She was already in danger.. But defeating your father.. it's the only way you can keep her safe for the rest of her life." I gave him a reassuring smile, "Plus, she'll have me. I think me and her will get along great."

"Okay. Deal." He held out his hand and I shook it. Ryan also came up and shook his hand.

"Thanks, man. I really appreciate it," Ryan said and I could tell he really meant it.

***

"I'm so glad you did most of the talking," Ryan told me as he came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He buried his face in my neck and I smiled as I slipped out of my heels. We barely got home, and Ryan's assistant will be bringing Hailey home in a little bit. "I love you so much, Kimberly."

I turned my body to face him and I threw my arms up around his neck. I looked up at his tired face and I leaned in to give him a small peck on his lips, but instead, he pulled my body closer to him and he kissed me hard. His arms around me tightened and I took in a deep breath before I kissed him hard back. It felt like time around us had stopped. For that moment, it felt like we were the only two in the world without any troubles, without someone out to hurt us, without any pain and hatred. It just felt so good.

I pulled my head away for a brief second and in a low voice, I said, "Ryan Winchester, I love you. Always." Lust appeared in his eyes as he picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He pushed my back up against a wall and his hands found a way up my dress. I grabbed a fistful of his hair and I gave it a tug before I went in for another long and hard kiss.  His hands found their way to my panties and he began to pull them down, teasing me before he took his hands back out. He pushed my dress further up my body before grabbing my body and taking us both into the bedroom.

He lightly tossed me on to the bed where I landed softly on the mattress. He closed the door behind him and his hands were already to his jeans. As he took them off, I slipped out of my dress and I tossed it across the floor along with the white shrug that I had on too. He took his shirt off and also threw it across the room and he pounced on me. I quietly giggled as his hands went to my bra. They fiddled around before finally unclasping my bra. His right hand went to the side of my face and his other went to my chest.

He kissed me, our heads swinging back and forth and our bodies pressing even further and further into each other. He pulled back and swiftly removed his and my underwear. And he grabbed my hips and pulled my whole body further. I let out a gasp of air and soon, a sound of pleasure escaped my lips. He grabbed both my legs and wrapped them around his body as he pushed his hips forward. He leaned in once more to give me another rough kiss.

This was the man that I loved to death. And I would never stop loving him. He was mine and I was his. And that pleasurable moment we shared, bonded our souls together, and made us one. It was clear how much we meant to each other. It shall forever be treasured..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello everyone!! I KNOW that I haven't updated in such a looooong time, and I apologize.

Gosh, times have been quite stressful. I'm sure a lot of you can relate.

But I hurried and made sure I got this chapter out. It was sitting as an unfinished draft for such a long time, so I finished it real quick.

Sorry if there are a lot of mistakes in this chapter. I wanted to make sure that you guys know that I'm still alive! Haha.

Thank you all so much for the support :) I appreciate it so much!

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Follow for more!

~Bethany<3