32.

"Will you finally tell me what happened?" Ryan asked, entering the living room where I was laying on the couch, staring at the black TV screen. I sighed as I turned to face the inside of the couch. It's been a few days since the date at the park.

"Ryan. I'm really sorry," I responded, my bottom lip quivering and my voice trembling. "I'm absolutely sorry."

"What are you apologizing for? Kimberly, tell me what the hell is happening."

I couldn't turn to face him, instead, I tucked my head in against the couch and I let the tears fall from my eyes. "Everything I did was a lie," I confessed and he grabbed my body and turned me over to face him.

"What are you talking about?"

"I didn't come here because I wanted to, I came here because I was forced to," I answered, more tears pouring down my face. I looked up at him and he was still confused.

"Kimberly, are you okay? Do you need anything? I can get you something. You just don't seem like you're in your right mind, right now." He turned to grab his wallet from the kitchen counter, but I grabbed his wrist.

"Ryan, listen to me. Your dad has been threatening my family. He wants you to go back. And my mom is in the hospital right now. I wasn't supposed to tell you, but what else can I lose, right?"

He stood there, staring at me with wide eyes as I continued to sob quietly. He moved my hand away from his wrist and turned around, his back now facing me.

"I didn't want to continue to lie to you. My flight back home is tonight. I can't afford to stay away any longer from my mom who needs me. And you should find a new apartment to live at, since your dad knows where you are." I stood up and wiped my tears from my face with the back of my hand.

"Fine. Go ahead and leave."

I stared at him as he grabbed his wallet out of anger and went to the door. I rushed over to him and grabbed his arm.

"Ryan. Please. Don't be mad, my love for you isn't a lie. I can guarantee that, at least," I pleaded with him, but he shoved me away. I lost my balance and fell to the floor. I watched him as he left, slamming the door behind him.

I sighed as I closed my eyes. This was for the best. If I had stayed any longer, he would've found out sooner or later, and my time would've ran out.

***

I stood outside the apartment door with my purse hung around my shoulder and my suitcase handle clenched tightly in my hand. I stared at the door and I let tears roll down my cheeks.

Ryan did not come back at all, and I waited all day for him. I wanted to beg and plead with him, persuade him that what I did was out of desperation to protect those I love.

The man from upstairs met me halfway down the hallway and he had a small bag. "Mr. Winchester informed me about your return back home. He also ordered I leave you with 10 percent of what was left in the money bag, so here."

I took the bag from his hands and I did my best to give him a smile. "Thank you. I appreciate it."

"Look," he lowered his voice, "Do you think I am working for him, because I want to? No. I've observed him and his family for years. Years, I tell you. So, fight, okay? He hates when he can't get his way, so fight your hardest."

This time, I truly smiled with the words of encouragement the man provided me. He gave me a small pat on the back before leaving, returning to his apartment upstairs. I stuffed the bag of money inside my purse and I took a deep breath.

The only thing I could do now is just keep putting one foot right in front of the other.

***

When I arrived at the airport by taxi, I spotted someone sitting by the doors with their hood over their head. I got down from the taxi, with my suitcase and purse, and as I approached them, I noticed how familiar they were.

"Thank you," I told the taxi driver after handing him the money. He thanked me back with a smile.

I walked through the large glass doors, and I didn't dare turn back. If I turned back, I would want to stay. I felt my bottom lip quiver and I bit down on it, hard, tasting the metallic flavor of blood.

I went to go buy a ticket to the next flight back home. As I approached the counters, I heard someone calling my name.

"Kimberly! Kimberly!"

I stopped in my tracks and I stood there, frozen and unable to turn my head. I closed my eyes and prayed that it was not who I thought it was.

"Kimberly." They grabbed my arm and spun me around. When I opened my eyes wide and looked at them, I gasped. "We need to talk," they said.

××××××××××××××××××××××××

I apologize for the short chapter.

Man, I had some serious writer's block with this chapter. I was going crazy.

To inform you again, there will be many mistakes in this story, so please be patient with me.

I thank you all for reading this story and voting on it and commenting on it. It truly makes my day everyday.

So, please, keep showing me love because I need it. >.<

I love you all, stay awesome!!

~Bethany<3